1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Anyone pick up temporary work in Europe?

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by Rocky, Mar 16, 2010.

1. Rocky

Rocky TRIBE Member

I have been planning a 'round-the-world trip for the past tow years. I will likely need to stop in Europe for the fall and winter after arriving, and will need to pick up some work (4-6 months).

Please share your experiences and advice.

2. stargurl*

stargurl* TRIBE Member

Legally or illegally? Do you hve a passport from an eu country?

With a Canadian passport, you're only allowed to stay 90 days in a 180 day period (which doesn't reset if you go somewhere like the UK for a day) in all of the Schengen countries combined.

3. skin deep

skin deep TRIBE Member

TEFL certification if you're willing to teach. Tour guide work also seems like a possibility. Some EU countries are also starting to make it a bit tougher for non-EU citizens to get work permits.

4. Rocky

Rocky TRIBE Member

I hold a Canadian passport.

I have a TESOL certificate from many years ago. I taught English in Taiwan for about 4 years. I'd rather not to teach unless I can't find anything else. I prefer physical labour since I'm not much of a people-person; but I'd do anything if I need to (legally or under-the-table is fine).

5. Klubmasta Will

Klubmasta Will TRIBE Member

rocky, can I be honest?

no one's going to offer you an office job. there's too much competition. why don't you fight? i read somewhere you're a very good fighter.