• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Anyone make their own calendars?

slingshot

TRIBE Member
My girlfriend wants to make a calendar for her grandma, using her own pics. Can anyone recommend a good software. I have been scouring google looking for something good, but they all require you to make the calendar and have them print it for you, for $$$.

ss

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

lucky1

TRIBE Member
I've done this.. you can download a template easily enough off Microsoft...

I have only done it a colour photocopier.. using a hard copy of the photo

You can either put the calender template in the bypass tray and then colour copy the photo on the back side of it, one at a time.. (remember you have to rotate the calender so it prints the right way for flipping pages)

or you can enlarge all the photos to page size then starting with a blank sheet, you put jan's photo, then jan's template, the feb's photo then feb's template etc. put it in the feeder of the machine and selct one to two sided (make sure the calenders are orientated the right way first by doing test set)

twist

TRIBE Member
yes. mine has two days. get fucked up and get more fucked up and every year is 2555 days long. so technically i'm only 3 and a half. this is mainly an excuse to throw cheerios at strangers.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

littlejon

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by lucky1
You can either put the calender template in the bypass tray and then colour copy the photo on the back side of it, one at a time.. (remember you have to rotate the calender so it prints the right way for flipping pages)

or you can enlarge all the photos to page size then starting with a blank sheet, you put jan's photo, then jan's template, the feb's photo then feb's template etc. put it in the feeder of the machine and selct one to two sided (make sure the calenders are orientated the right way first by doing test set) [/B]

i like this low-tech solution. rock-solid. go go art attack!

loblaws and others offer calendars using your digi prints for about $25

if you are a smartie and have some design software, consider making the whole thing on 8 x 10 prints.
they are pretty fuck-off cheap right now, especially from costco.
set it up as a pair of 4 x 10's per sheet and cut 'em in half for a very cool shape.
betcha could pull that for $25 as well.

or you can also set up some master pages in quark or indesign and import your pix after sizing and cleaning them in pshop, but that is pretty serious stuff.
and print houses can really fuck your momma with the fees.

ktown

TRIBE Member
i make them for my family almost every year, pm if interested.

the best place to print them is Staples.

pieces !