• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

anyone know who this guy is ?

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
1375174_572230799566342_9125969670556947131_n.jpg

Stop Bill C-10

praktik

TRIBE Member
im not sure but its on radio1010 now so im expecting we will find out.

Word is he is commonly seen on Leslieville buses.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Big Cheese

TRIBE Member
this came up on fb, which is interesting since I've mos def seen the guy around the hood and thought to myself he seems a bit of douchenozzle. shitty thing to do in the first place but with all the media around it this guy will get his soon enough :)

also I'm gonna put money down that his goat beard is gonna be gone by tonight and he changes up his jewelry

Big Cheese

TRIBE Member
this came up on fb, which is interesting since I've mos def seen the guy around the hood and thought to myself he seems a bit of douchenozzle. shitty thing to do in the first place but with all the media around it this guy will get his soon enough :)

ravinjunkie

TRIBE Member
Newstalk1010 has aba amazing mobile site, so I was able to read the article with the entire sidebar down the middle.

praktik

TRIBE Member
You know its funny was just talking about how we live in an age where any of us could become randomly viral. The new favreau movie Chef is basically based on this - and it happens all the time. This guy is like the star wars lightsabre practise boy of public transit douchery.

And any of us could be caught up in a vortex like this at any moment!

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
"Skills and abilities
The Riddler possesses extreme originality in decoding and formulating puzzles of all kinds. His deductive ability perfused his role of private detective when he was reformed, during which he was shown to have investigative skills that rival those of the Dark Knight.

Like most of Batman's enemies (and Batman himself) The Riddler has no superhuman abilities, but is a highly cunning criminal strategist. He is not especially talented in fisticuffs (although his endurance has grown from having to engage in them over the years), but sometimes employs weaponry that exploits his gimmick, such as exploding jigsaw pieces, his infamous question mark cane, known to house a wide variety of technological devices and weapons, and question mark shaped pistols. He is shown to be skilled with engineering and technology, confronting Batman and Robin with unique and elaborate deathtraps. He is also well known for being Batman's most intelligent adversary."

-wikipedia

JamesM

TRIBE Member
And I thought I had it bad trying to battle the little asian ladies in the subway parking themselves on the outside seat.

Cha, can I get in there? Oh rite. Ya. I want to sit on that empty seat you're guarding.

Everything cool? I got the seat. Everything's cool in the universe.

rentboy

TRIBE Member
You know its funny was just talking about how we live in an age where any of us could become randomly viral. The new favreau movie Chef is basically based on this - and it happens all the time. This guy is like the star wars lightsabre practise boy of public transit douchery.

And any of us could be caught up in a vortex like this at any moment!

Funny that you say this because I revisited Marc Maron's discussion with Jon Ronson yesterday, and he talks about this. He's actually writing a book about public shaming.

Skip to 22nd minute for the start of the talk. It's worth a listen.

[YOUTUBE]D2J9Xh15xVA[/YOUTUBE]

Klubmasta Will

TRIBE Member
how far did the public shaming go? did this story/picture make it beyond radio 1010, this thread and a few facebook posts?

i asked a few folks this morning who would normally see stuff like this before most, and they had not heard of the ttc riddler.

cosmiK-Cat

TRIBE Member
I bet everyone just sat there and stared. The bystander effect here is shocking, and i think dangerous, as it allows asshats to continue to do whatever they want.

Somebody commented on the 1010 board that she should have just sat down as she would have support of other riders. I doubt it. An example- I was on the subway a while back and a heavy senior lady fell down near me. While a few other tiny girls and I flailed at getting her up while all these people just stared. A young man nearby even cheered us after watching us struggled and asking for help. Disgusting.