• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

anyone know of a 'hearing test' online ?

Deus

TRIBE Member
Online? Hearing tests are done in isolation booths, in a controlled environment. Online hearing tests would fail because of how loud your speakers are turned up, how much background noise there is etc.

beaker

TRIBE Member
i think there's a hearing centre around st. george station somewhere. you can get custom earplugs done there as well (they are quite expensive though).

G

Originally posted by Deus
Hearing tests are done in isolation booths, in a controlled environment.
Such as the basement of Turbo.

quantumdj

TRIBE Member
^LOL.

I had a hearing test last fall for my pilot's license at the hospital. It only cost 15 dollars. I was shocked when she said I have exceptionally acute hearing (after years of partying without earplugs. weird.)

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

vench

TRIBE Promoter
you can get a hearing test done at North York General Hospital which is located at Leslie & Sheppard (it's actually in the small building across the street). You can also get fitted for musicians earplugs there (just down the hall) they are pricey ($160.00) but they'll give you a receipt and you can write it off. I got the earplugs and my clubbing/dj life has never been better.

If you want the number, email me - djvench@rogers.com

vench <-----no more ringing and ear aches!

Nesta

TRIBE Member
i'm really worried...my hearing doesn't feel right yet.

anybody else still ringing from saturday night?

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

BreakzBroad

TRIBE Member
my ears are fiiiine! i guess im used to it :D must be the breakz in me! :D

wow, i am however a really really bad speller when im stoned :p

*jen*

vinder

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Nesta
i'm really worried...my hearing doesn't feel right yet.

anybody else still ringing from saturday night?
yes, mine still do. but apparently it can be somewhat of a good sign. if you hear no ringing after saturday, i'd say your ears are probably super fucked already.

quantumdj

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by vench

They charged you? I got my hearing test for free at the hospital.

vench
It was for my Category one Pilot's Medical Certificate. It requires you to get an array of medical examinations each year. The catch is that OHIP doesnt cover any third-party purpose for exams. Basically, if you have to get it for a purpose, you have to pay for it yourself. If there is no purpose, then it is covered.

F**ked up, eh?

The whole thing cost me $205.00

Nesta

TRIBE Member
anybody's ears still muffed from saturday night? i'm really worried now. is this normal? help please.

PinkAngeL

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by beaker
i think there's a hearing centre around st. george station somewhere. you can get custom earplugs done there as well (they are quite expensive though).
My mom has 2 pairs of those
They cost about 200 each (or somewhere in that range)

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

beaker

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Nesta
anybody's ears still muffed from saturday night? i'm really worried now. is this normal? help please.
nesta - three days after is not normal. if you're worried, go and get a hearing test done immediately (as mentioned above - it should be covered), especially before you hit up any more clubs.

Nesta

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by beaker

nesta - three days after is not normal. if you're worried, go and get a hearing test done immediately (as mentioned above - it should be covered), especially before you hit up any more clubs.
thanks beaker!

Nesta

TRIBE Member
i just came back from the walk in clinic. the doc told me that a liquid had formed in my ears (essentially they became swollen by the excessive noise). he gave me some sinus and cold advil, and said that it should open up the path. i was really worried. thank God it was nothing serious.