• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

anyone know a crooked cable guy?

MrMarcus

TRIBE Member
so I have dish network at home, but every now and then, it goes down when the weather is bad or when its really windy. I don't have cable, so when the dish is down, I have nothing. I don't wanna start paying for cable when its only gonna be for "backup" in case my dish goes down again. so does anyone know of any crooked cable guys that can hook me up for a flat fee? ;)

MrMarcus

TRIBE Member
come on, easy $100 for anyone who can do it. I'll even throw in some booze, and smoke u one after its done! :p

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

xtcfreak

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by MrMarcus
so I have dish network at home, but every now and then, it goes down when the weather is bad or when its really windy. I don't have cable, so when the dish is down, I have nothing. I don't wanna start paying for cable when its only gonna be for "backup" in case my dish goes down again. so does anyone know of any crooked cable guys that can hook me up for a flat fee? ;)
get yourself a better satellite setup. See the nagra thread in the geek forum :)

If it is going out cause of wind, then you need it installed better :)

Jay

MrMarcus

TRIBE Member
Re: Re: anyone know a crooked cable guy?

Originally posted by xtcfreak
get yourself a better satellite setup. See the nagra thread in the geek forum :)

If it is going out cause of wind, then you need it installed better :)

Jay
ahhh... geek forum! why didnt I think of that?!?

Prickly Pete

TRIBE Member
do some digging around outside your house for your cable box. There is usually one per building at least. If you can get it open without making it looked tampered, its pretty easy to steal yourself.

MrMarcus

TRIBE Member
Prickly Pete said:
do some digging around outside your house for your cable box. There is usually one per building at least. If you can get it open without making it looked tampered, its pretty easy to steal yourself.

well, I don't even know what a cable box looks like... hey a case of beer if u wanna take the job?

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders
tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

bombthreat23

TRIBE Member
better than high def, better than my big screen, better than dvd, PVR is the single greatest tv related purchase I have ever made... giddy up

Thumpr

TRIBE Member
isn't it tho? PVRs or DVRs (digital video recorders) are wikked. i got a RCA Scenium 40GB almost three years ago and luvs it. i'm rewinding live teevee!

picking which shows to record using the free gemstar plus guide makes it a snap.

40Gb is small now tho.

Karim

TRIBE Member
PVR is legal unfortunately (you fuckin crook) but it's great.

You just set it to record a series, or any show, and you pretty much set it up to capture the shows that you are too lazy or never around to follow. Next time your sat craps out, just load up what's on the hard drive and enjoy hours of pre-recorded entertainment.

You just flip through your channel guide and hit the "record show" button for whatever shows you wanna record. It's glorious.

xtcfreak

TRIBE Member
Karim said:
PVR is legal unfortunately (you fuckin crook) but it's great.

You just set it to record a series, or any show, and you pretty much set it up to capture the shows that you are too lazy or never around to follow. Next time your sat craps out, just load up what's on the hard drive and enjoy hours of pre-recorded entertainment.

You just flip through your channel guide and hit the "record show" button for whatever shows you wanna record. It's glorious.
PVR is no good without stolen cable or satellite. :)

Jay