1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Anyone into Mike Snow?

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by todiefor, Jul 12, 2010.

1. todiefor

todiefor TRIBE Promoter

I just started checking out this guys music after someone forwarded me a Vampire Weekend remix he did.

The more I listen to this stuff, the more I'm liking it. Pretty cool sound.

YouTube - Miike Snow - Plastic Jungle

2. cosmosuave

cosmosuave TRIBE Member

Nope more into Mike Hunt...

3. jared k

jared k TRIBE Member

4. todiefor

todiefor TRIBE Promoter

Haha, he looks like such a crazy hermit, he reminds me of Franky Wilde when he hit rock bottom.

Great music though.

5. Fillmore

Fillmore TRIBE Member

One of my favorite artists right now. If you're searching him out make sure to spell it like Miike Snow

Black and Blue
    Sylvia
    Animal
    Cult Logic to name a few of my favorites.

If you like him and that type of music, may I also recommend Broken Bells - High Road

6. Fac 51

Fac 51 TRIBE Member

They're playing the Koolhaus in October & they're great live.

(It's not a guy called Mike Snow btw, it's the band's name)

7. Nesta

Nesta TRIBE Member

welcome to last summer! :p

8. kyfe

kyfe TRIBE Member

:)

9. Big Cheese

Big Cheese TRIBE Member

easy boy *lol*

i will not miss thie oct show. come hell or high water.

and before that i still have to slip you that disc from their wrongbar show :eek::p

10. Fillmore

Fillmore TRIBE Member

Welcome to you're now officially the coolest guy I have ever met. Did you also line up over night for the iphone? :p

Big Cheese, I am with you man!! Missed the last show but from what I heard via friends who went they didn't play some of their top hits which is what I would be excited for myself. All their stuff is great but those songs I mentioned above are stellar!!

11. bootyhunta

bootyhunta TRIBE Promoter

Do you actually have a recording of that show?

12. Bass-Invader

Bass-Invader TRIBE Member

mee-kay snow

I'm actually tired of their album now.

13. Nesta

Nesta TRIBE Member

yes, you do. let's link for a pint and a fatty.

14. Juan Love

Juan Love TRIBE Member

I love the juxtaposition of some rather infectious pop tunes with typically dark Swedish sensibilities.

Take for instance on "Plastic Jungle" with the refrain, "sometimes I wanna get slain"...or "Burial" and the chorus, "at your own burial, don't forget to cry".

I also found it interesting that two thirds of the band are Bloodshy and Avant, the "beats by the pound" super-producers who have credits ranging from Britney Spears' Toxic to working other international female giants like Madonna, Kelis, J-lo, Crystal Kay, Kylie Minogue and Maroon 5.;)

Standout tunes for me are "Sans Soleil" and this little old-school Rocksteady remix by, "the man like" Mark Ronson:

[YOUTUBE]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nT0EV9Wxx1k&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nT0EV9Wxx1k&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited: Jul 13, 2010