1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Anyone have a great recipe for beef ribs?

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by alexd, Sep 10, 2010.

1. alexd

alexd Administrator Staff Member

I picked up some nice meaty beef ribs form my local butcher because they looked so amazing. He sawed them into 1 inch pieces. Now to cook 'em...

Anyone have a tested and absolutely delish beef ribs recipe they want to share?

2. Chris

Chris Well-Known TRIBEr

Shit Alex, I do at home in my books, but natta here. I know Joel, ie H2Who? is one hell of a ribs cook master and indeed has a licence to grill.

3. alexd

I do pork ribs, but i have never grilled beef ribs b4... Maybe I will google around and see if anything looks appetizing...

4. joey

joey TRIBE Member

marinate them in root beer

5. alexd

OK, I have looked at a ton of recipes and none really look appealing. Here is what I am going to do:

Dry rub with 6 cloves of chopped garlic, Herbamare, black pepper. Precook in oven for 1 hour and a half. Finish on BBQ with my homemade BBQ Awesomesauce (baconsalt, honey, ketchup, Worcestershire, cayenne).

We'll see what happens...

6. Ho||yw0oD

Ho||yw0oD TRIBE Member

My recommendation: 3 hours at 250F in oven on a roasting rack with a drip tray half full of water on the rack below. Do not open the oven during the three hours (this will let steam out). The only seasoning the ribs need before it goes in is maybe some pepper, garlic powder and paprika. NO salt as this could draw moisture out of the ribs.

Slap those puppies on a hot grill for 3-4 min per side. Alex's bbq sauce sounds really nice.

7. technowelt

technowelt TRIBE Member

Braise in port and beef stock. Trust.

8. Bacchus

Bacchus TRIBE Promoter

I prefer beef ribs to be stewed over a dry cook, especially if they're in smaller pieces.

I'll do a dry rub of : Pepper, Cumin, Smoked Paprika & Cayenne - and let it sit for a few hours

The marinating in Rootbeer is good for flavor, and a spin on the traditional southern way of molasses and water.

From there, slow cook them in a home made bbq sauce. (Tomato sauce, brown suga or maple syrop, Worcestershire, cumin, garlic, chillis, and really whatever spice direction you wanna take your sauce)