• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Anyone goto the YMCA at Wellesley?

kaniz

TRIBE Member
My Ryerson gym membership is done for the year, and dont feel like going there over the summer (their equip sucks), and just wondering if anyone here goes to the YMCA at Wellesley?

- is their equipment good? or is it all ghetto?
- For their cardio machines, is it 1st come 1st serve, or do you need to sign up for a specific time slot? (This drove me nuts at Ryerson, I'd need to head in at 9am before my 1st class and sign up for a time slot for 2pm kinda thing, hated it)
- When is it really busy? and is there usually long waits for machines/etc, or is it usually pretty reasonable?
- When is it least busy?
- Are their classess any good? (like Boxfit/etc?)

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

TrIbAlNuT

TRIBE Member
never been there, but I've herd stories about the non-sanctioned activities in the guys change room. So if your into that I guess you can consider it a bonus.

I_bRAD

TRIBE Member
villagepplweb.jpg

dicksherwood

TRIBE Member
They've got fantastic facilities, lot's of different classes/workout options, an amazing gym, well maintained raquet courts, one of the best pools in the city and really nice people working there...don't believe the rumours about activities in the mens changeroom but there is too much open ogling in the shower, can be uncomfortable.

Joe Seven

TRIBE Member
The equiptment wasn't spectacular last time I checked. And there are a lot of dudes lookin for dudes. If that bothers you it's probly not a good choice.
How bout the athletic center (UofT) at spadina and harbord... it's pretty decent, has lots of facilities, and is cheap.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

kaniz

TRIBE Member
Well, the homo thing doesnt bother me that much, and being in the middle of the gay village -- thats to be expected. Its not a selling point, but not going to turn me off of it either.

Spadina/Harbord is further away then I feel like going for the gym. The Wells gym is pretty close to me (like, 10-15min walk), so its easy to get to, and the price isnt too bad ($49/month I think?)

I used to goto the YMCA in St. Caths and really liked it there. Maybe today I'll pop down and check it out for my self and see.

Kalemic

TRIBE Promoter
Joe Seven said:
The equiptment wasn't spectacular last time I checked. And there are a lot of dudes lookin for dudes. If that bothers you it's probly not a good choice.
How bout the athletic center (UofT) at spadina and harbord... it's pretty decent, has lots of facilities, and is cheap.

People who don't go to U of T can join? Do you know how much the rate is?