• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Anyone go to Slaughterhaus?

praktik

TRIBE Member
Yep was amazing.

Lucked out on the line too, well I was bad and showed up JUST as our crew, after waiting 90 mins, was up front. Confusion reigned as the bouncer was trying to reorder the line at that exact moment, our buddies grabbed us and we just basically showed up and walked right in @ 12:20!

Didn't regret it or feel guilty, been supporting breakandenter halloween since the old days @ Salem's loft so if anyone deserves it its us!

Inside: looked REALLY cool - and Jamie Kidd's set was a ton of fun (GREAT to have him back!).

Fengler brought some really amazing pounding techno and had the room moving all night until we took off around 3:30....

GREAT TIMES!

Didn't get to check the house room as much as I would have liked to but the few moments I was there it was pretty cool.

I was a grey cat but people may have thought I was a wolf..;)

Ended up in a bit of a pinball machine there in the main techno room - the Mansion crowd are up for it but they are also REALLy pushy. It was high-elbows for me to keep my space clear and it was amazing how often people would like PUSH you out of the way.

Didn't let it bring me down and just asserted my space - so didn't cramp my style. Just had to be on my game to be able to keep bustin' it!

Part of me nostalgic for the old vibe w/ the smaller parties from back in tha day - but that's probably just me getting older. Nice to have a full, bustling energy vibe and partnering w/ Mansion helps achieve that!

diablo

TRIBE Member
A friend and I were hovering between going to this event or Promise Halloween, and ended up choosing this one because we thought the music would be a bit beefier.

The decor and projections were pretty cool. We bounced between the two rooms, but there seemed to be a slightly better vibe in the smaller room, so we stayed there most of the time.

I was really glad to hear "Der Alte" by Kolsch about five minutes after walking in. I didn't think I'd ever hear that track at a party since I rarely go anymore! Stayed until about 3:30-3:45, and had a pretty good time throughout.

That being said...

The lineup situation was fucking bullshit. Making advance ticket holders who show up well before midnight wait in line for a fucking hour+ when there is still plenty of space inside is a cunty move. To make matters worse, they had three security guys at the door, but were doing absolutely no line control. So, every time some half-drunk gaggle of shitheads showed up and tried to cut in (which was often), it was up to everyone else to body them out (in which case they'd just cut in elsewhere). It was a serious mood-killer just before going into what was otherwise a pretty good jam. Had I not paid my $30 in advance, I would've bailed.

sianspherica

TRIBE Member
Mansion is kind of "bush league" in how they manage some aspects of their events.

They book good talent, but hearing about this lineup bungling doesn't surprise me.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

zoo

TRIBE Member
Went to a wedding on Saturday night, so I couldn't make the Slaughterhaus event, but otherwise would've been there with bells (or some other costume) on. This review on BlogTO praised the event.

What I liked the most about this event was how many promoters and crews got together to collaborate on one community unifying night ... breakandenter, Mansion, Box of Kittens, AndyCapp/Bang The Party, Members Only ... you've got five of the most interesting promoters in the city under one roof, executing on the same vision. That's honestly something special.

praktik

TRIBE Member
Ya the comments ARE giving me a pang of guilt on line skipping, like a little bit...

If it makes anyone feel better we actually ended up missing the last Breakandenter/mansion coproduction from cops coming right as we lined up. Line was frozen and we gave up after an hour - so ya, 1 for 2 this year I guess on line bullshit at these parties..;)

All THAT said, I only feel a little bit guilty.

jungleboy

TRIBE Promoter
Ah, it's too bad no one slugged ya.

Kind of telling that there are actually more responses to a BLOG TO ARTICLE(!!!) about the event than on here.

Sad!

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

mandapanda

TRIBE Member
The lineup situation was fucking bullshit. Making advance ticket holders who show up well before midnight wait in line for a fucking hour+ when there is still plenty of space inside is a cunty move. To make matters worse, they had three security guys at the door, but were doing absolutely no line control. So, every time some half-drunk gaggle of shitheads showed up and tried to cut in (which was often), it was up to everyone else to body them out (in which case they'd just cut in elsewhere). It was a serious mood-killer just before going into what was otherwise a pretty good jam. Had I not paid my $30 in advance, I would've bailed.
This! I had a great time (once we got in), but seriously mansion, sort your shit out. The number of times I've been to one of your events, where there has been some sort of organizational fiasco is too many. You've been doing this for a while, it shouldn't be too difficult. It wasn't even full inside when we got in after waiting for an hour! No excuse.

Also, is it the peeps that go to these parties or is it the Halloween effect that makes everyone so fucking pushy?! Don't shove me out of your way when you're walking through the crowd.

alison87

TRIBE Member
The shoving is standard at Mansion parties. Hipsters got no PLUR. It's too bad they had line problems (again!), sounds like it was pretty great aside from that. Did anyone try the pig?

mandapanda

TRIBE Member
I was so up for trying that pig! And then in my drunkenness, I completely forgot about it. I did feel a sense of loss the next morning.