• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Anyone ever had their Paycheck go down?

stryker

TRIBE Member
I got my check yeterday and it was short of what I normally get. The boss wasn't in and I haven't been able to talk to him about it but the receptionist tried telling me that it's because of this years new tax increases or some shit. This sounds like BS to me cuz we've got someone else doing the books now and I think it's just a fuck up.
Some peoples cheques went up, some went down...and this had NOTHING to do with raises or docked-pay or anything like that. I've never heard of anything like this happening before but before I make an issue out of this I wanted to see if this whole "tax" excuse has got any truth to it.

Thanks

Stew

TRO

TRIBE Member
at one of my jobs the payroll was fucked..I was punching in correctly but my hourly rate was fucked...

what it turned out to be was a computer gliche and the problem was rectified eventually...I was giving all monies outstanding...

the only shitty thing was it was a big company so a few paycheques where like this...

best thing depending on the size of the company...if you write your hours down..do the math...and take out 20-30 percent or whatever your tax bracket coencides to...and then go to your boss or payroll dept and ask them what the problem is...

-Bill

derek

TRIBE Member
it's the taxes prolly. they always are higher b/t jan to aug. i think those months you pay into cpp and ei (not sure, but quite)

never hurts to check though.

peace,

derek

echootje

TRIBE Member
Man, she's just the secretary, before you start flipping out at what she said, get the info from the source (your Boss).

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

djcheezwhiz

TRIBE Member
if you topped out your cpp & ei during the year, the deductions start up again in january...**note if you make more than around 39k per year...this is the max contribution for these programs...

jc

Ditto Much

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by djcheezwhiz
if you topped out your cpp & ei during the year, the deductions start up again in january...**note if you make more than around 39k per year...this is the max contribution for these programs...

jc
This is probably what happened. For me its a difference of about $100 per week.

Personally I think that as you pay more taxes you should be sent letters of thanks from all the sods who live of the avails of your labour. Just as a nice gesture...

Balzz

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by djcheezwhiz

jc
I love the middle of the year when it feels like I got a pseudo-raise. :D

derek

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Ditto Much

Personally I think that as you pay more taxes you should be sent letters of thanks from all the sods who live of the avails of your labour. Just as a nice gesture...
that's about the same for me. problem is i always forget in january, and have to adjust my budget.

Balzz

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Ditto Much
I got lucky this year. Performance review went well at the end of the year and my increase kicked in last week which offset my deductions. :D

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories