• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Anyone ever declared bankruptcy?

litespeed

Well-Known TRIBEr
Originally posted by KillaLadY
Credit Councelling is your option, do NOT choose bankrupcy unless you have absolutely NO way of paying back your debt.

credit councelling is for fucking morons that don't know how to pay their bills... anyone that is stupid enough to have to pay someone to pay their bills for them deserves to be broke.

DON"T LISTEN TO ANYONE IN THIS THREAD.
NONE OF THEM KNOW WHAT THEY'RE TALKING ABOUT!
p.s. no offence to anyone that replied to this thread. :p

I work in the collections industry and deal with trustees and lawyers all day and I've learned a thing or two.

FYI: Bankruptcy can be paid for over as many as 3 years. The discharge term is usually 9 months.

and don't listen to what any trustee tells you. Bottom line, they're fucking accountants and they just want your $1500. I've seen trustees outright lie to people and I ended up having to sue them because they're trustee's fucked em.

pm me the details and I can offer you some advice that is unbiased and based on experience with similar situations.

Stop Bill C-10

litespeed

Well-Known TRIBEr
Originally posted by Boo
I am waiting till I get my tax refund to declare bankrupcy. I owe like 10k in credit cards due to bad luck at work. I'd rather save 10k as a down payment then pay it to the "man".

So because you're irresponsible you shouldn't have uphold your end of contract and pay back money that YOU borrowed?
makes sense to me.

here's a thought.... debt consolidation loan. Why pay variable intrest rates that can be any where from 18-28% when you can take a loan for about 7% and get this... call(or get soemone that is good a negotiating and talking shit) to call your credit card companies and work out some sort of settlement.

The Tesseract

TRIBE Member
Bankruptcy... now there's a dirty word....

Bankruptcy....ooooohh
Bankruptcy.... eeeuuuhhhhh

Anyhoo... i work my ass off each summer so i can avoid the plague of OSAP. So far, i've been successful.
What horrors that shit must be...

Jeffsus

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by kennyboy
At this point, I can live without a car and anything else for that matter. What I can't live with are debts that consume you and keep you awake at night.

It's also difficult to get a phone without a $1000 deposit when you have poor credit.

-jM
A&D

mystique0217

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Boo
I am waiting till I get my tax refund to declare bankrupcy. I owe like 10k in credit cards due to bad luck at work. I'd rather save 10k as a down payment then pay it to the "man".

are you kidding me with 10 K?
it is like nothing.
i thought people who declare bankrupcy owns like 100 millions of debt.. am I the only one to think this way??

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Vote Quimby

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by ev

DON"T LISTEN TO ANYONE IN THIS THREAD.
NONE OF THEM KNOW WHAT THEY'RE TALKING ABOUT!
p.s. no offence to anyone that replied to this thread. :p
Ev does now what he is talking about.

PS You can not claim bankruptcy on a debt owed to the crown.

Vote Quimby

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by mystique0217
are you kidding me with 10 K?
it is like nothing.
i thought people who declare bankrupcy owns like 100 millions of debt.. am I the only one to think this way??
I've seen many a bankruptcy paper where they declare on less than $10,000 total debt.

mystique0217

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Vote Quimby
I've seen many a bankruptcy paper where they declare on less than $10,000 total debt.

that is crazy..i mean.. aren't most college students own about that much of money after graduation anyway???

litespeed

Well-Known TRIBEr
Originally posted by Vote Quimby

a laugh at those people... I dealt with this one woman who tried to file on her student loans straight out school... obviously you can't do that, but her trustee forgot to tell her that... ended up filing on 4k! :p

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Vote Quimby

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by ev
a laugh at those people... I dealt with this one woman who tried to file on her student loans straight out school... obviously you can't do that, but her trustee forgot to tell her that... ended up filing on 4k! :p
That happens all the time. Trustees *almost always* fail to tell someone that their student loans are exempt.

More important to the trustee to get their $1000 fee than give correct info.

We've reported many a trustee to the Superintendant because of this.