• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!
14K Cannabis seed slider pendants by tribe

Anyone ever been to Varadero, Cuba?

jUiCeR

TRIBE Member
hey guys, i'm probably heading there beginning of Sept. It's Tornado season so apparently all the deals are cheap.

So anyone ever been? Good? Bad? experiences? things to do!?

Tell me anything!

*Biggs*

TRIBE Member
Hey, I have been to Veradaro. Like two years ago. It's beautiful down there, I'd say the best beaches on the island too! When are you going?

Tribe 14K gold cannabis seed slider pendant and chain

*Biggs*

TRIBE Member
I was with my familiy so we did not do a lot of the clubbing. I did go to the disco though, that was on the resort.. Good cuban music thats' for sure. Plenty of hot men but I bet your not really looking into that.

Food is alright there, don't expect the best. I felt ill at the end of the week because my stomach couldn't take their cooking. :(

kate

TRIBE Member
Tack one and I both agree (I'm sure)

Arenas Blancas rules!

Just don't drink too many of the in-the pool margerhittas after a long flight no food and a night of clubbing before you get there or you'll be captain project-o like i was!

Give my regards to senor raoul-superstardj with all the best in latin dance hits, and queens greatest hits of course!

kyfe

TRIBE Member
I just spoke with someone who came back, la rumba is the place to be. that or havana club both are the main clubs in the area.

$10 US all you can drink, my advice as this is what we did when we went we ordered bottles of champange and tipped the tender really well, getting drinks from the bar is crazy. Every time I went to the bar the bartender would pass me another bottle know waiting.

make sure you go to Havana this was the best part of my trip.
;)

I also stayed at Arenas Blancas!~!!!!

have fun and don't go home with any hookers,

Kyfe

Penny Lane

TRIBE Member
When I went I stayed at the Bahia Principe. It was once the Club Med, and it was newly renovated when I was there in October 2003. Paid $800/person on dbl occupancy.
The food and service there was spectacular. The rooms were beautiful and there's 24 hour booze at this resort.

The only club I ended going to in Varadero was the "La Ramba". They first have a show there with costumed dancers, and then it's mainly hip hop and top 40.
$10 or $20 US cover and all you can drink.

Big Harv

TRIBE Member
My friend went...her sister is the indian woman featured on the front of the brass rail, so needless to say she is hot. She enjoyed it at her resort (forget the name), especially when a Frenchman and a Croat fought over her.

Klubmasta Will

TRIBE Member
i stayed at the sandals royal hicacos. awesome resort, and probably the best food of all the major veradero resorts.

best things to do are:

1. scuba diving scuba diving scuba diving. best diving experience i've ever had. even more gorgeous than thailand and montego bay (jamaica).

2. rent motor bikes and explore beaches on both sides of the island. most of the resorts are on the south side, while the waves on the north side are HUGE. so much fun. there are also a ton of fantastic seafood restaurants on the north side of the island.

3. take the seadoo jungle tour, advertised at most major resorts. very reasonably priced and they take you on a really cool trek involving a long seadoo trail and some hiking to see neat wildlife.

4. day trip to havana, to see the legendary tropicana club.

i'm not huge on all-inclusive type trips, but this one was a lot of fun. :)

judge wopner

TRIBE Member
went to the Arenas Blanca's in Veredero last february, only paid $800.

it was a blast, good hotel, the food was average, from what i understand you have to go to 4.5 and above to get dope food.

the havana club was the most fun, but yeah drinks are crazy to get.

the international was fun, but there is a stage show before hand, get there right after and you get to dance on a big stage which is pretty ghey but didnt seem like it at the time when i was swimming in rum...

order a Ron Collins.... curban tom collins made with rum. tastes worse than you may expect.

its a beautiful beach, unreal. and a few dudes at the arenas blancas were ex-pro volley ballers, so you can get some wicked beach 2 on 2 games going.

jUiCeR

TRIBE Member
Sounds awsome...so, so far i've got - go have the roasted chicken & rice w/ beans, don't drink too many of the in-the pool margerhittas after a long flight no food and a night of clubbing , tip the bartenders/waiters well, and don't buy any drugs off of hookers??? errr... wait

I'm going to be staying at Solymar. I hope that's good. My friends are taking care of the details.....

OTIS

TRIBE Member
Varadaro is not Cuba. It's a westernized gated resort penninsula attached to a country that's quite the opposite. Enjoy the circus.

jUiCeR

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by OTIS
Varadaro is not Cuba. It's a westernized gated resort penninsula attached to a country that's quite the opposite. Enjoy the circus.
I'll be sure to visit some of the other cities then.
I'd like to get a bit of both worlds

mingster

TRIBE Member
check out the rio canimar day tour. you'll have lunch of a ranch, take a boat trip and a hike through the jungle. it was a really nice day. i've found one of the best ways to learn about these countries is through taking a tour with a tour guide and being able to talk to them and ask them questions. taking a day tri to havana is recommended too. if you can get to the cemetery is havana DO IT.

kate

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by judge wopner
went to the Arenas Blanca's in Veredero last february, only paid $800.

it was a blast, good hotel, the food was average, from what i understand you have to go to 4.5 and above to get dope food.

the havana club was the most fun, but yeah drinks are crazy to get.

the international was fun, but there is a stage show before hand, get there right after and you get to dance on a big stage which is pretty ghey but didnt seem like it at the time when i was swimming in rum...

order a Ron Collins.... curban tom collins made with rum. tastes worse than you may expect.

its a beautiful beach, unreal. and a few dudes at the arenas blancas were ex-pro volley ballers, so you can get some wicked beach 2 on 2 games going.
WAS SENOR RAOUL THE DJ STILL THERE AND DID HE PLAY QUEENS GREATEST HITS ON AVERAGE 2 TIMES PER DAY!!!!???

kuba

TRIBE Member
Check google for 'debbie's carribean review' and you'll find a lot of reviews on various cuban and other carrib. resorts.

judge wopner

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by kate
WAS SENOR RAOUL THE DJ STILL THERE AND DID HE PLAY QUEENS GREATEST HITS ON AVERAGE 2 TIMES PER DAY!!!!???
i cant remember, they did play alot of the same tunes.

it was jokes though. the people were nice, and i even got behind the mini bar to make some sandwiches because the way they did them was blah. they thought it was hilarious that i did a converted grill press with a hot pan and the grill to toast up the bread and melt the cheese. magic!!

deevah

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Klubmasta Will
4. day trip to havana, to see the legendary tropicana club.

ha ha!

i did this - my aunt took me there. It's not cheap to get in but it is a fun show. Been around since 1939 (?).

Bus ride from Varadero is only $10USD each way. Approx 2 hrs, get dropped off directly into Old Havana.