• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Anyone else pick up a Pioneer DDJ-Sx?

xtcfreak

TRIBE Member
Picked one up yesterday and finally got a chance to get it hooked up. Once I play with it more I will give you my thoughts.

Anyone else grab one?

Jay

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

dj_soo

TRIBE Member
that's pretty average pricing for that class of controller... I was expecting it to be more tbh.

Phat Trick

TRIBE Promoter
I'll probably pick one up in a few weeks. Looks pretty sweet, but I would still appreciate the hands on review.

alison87

TRIBE Member
I'm a little cut i bought a "top of the line" Vestax 380 just a couple months ago, still have to deal with an Itch that can't record it, and now have to wait till next year for the upgrade to DJ. That aside, the SX does look pretty awesome. I would love to have a separate input for external audio. Still no jog wheel adjust, though, it looks like? I went with the 380 in the end because i really liked the adjustable jogs and line faders.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

oddmyth

TRIBE Member
still have to deal with an Itch that can't record it

Do you mean you can't record with Itch? Is that a known problem with the model you bought? I use Itch with the NS6 and I've been using it to record for a couple of years now.

alison87

TRIBE Member
Yeah it's a known issue with the 380 under Windows. You can record, but everything comes out crackly. Fortunately i have another soundcard i can plug the booth outs into to record, but it's gotta suck for people who are doing gigs or have very small setups.

Blysspluss

TRIBE Member
Got my wee Traktor Kontrol S2 still going strong. 'tis enough for my setup.

Looks like a pretty sweet controller, though.

Crass

TRIBE Member
Been waiting for the controller. I knew pioneer would come out with something similar to the ns6. The other pioneer controllers were just toys. I was gonna buy the VCI-380 as well but I wanted 4 decks. This has answered that prayer. I should get this buy christmas.
Very excited to get back to mixing again! its been a year since I sold my decks! I'm going cr@zy!!!

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

xtcfreak

TRIBE Member
Computer crapped out, only got a few minutes in. I have to say though, this thing is a beast. Hopefully will get to play with it by the end of the week.

Jay

dj_soo

TRIBE Member
i think i'm going to still go for the VCI 380 - if I want to lug something that big to gigs, I might as well just use my turntables...