1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Anyone else feeling Cudi

Discussion in 'Hip Hop Room' started by todiefor, Mar 9, 2010.

1. todiefor

todiefor TRIBE Promoter

2. Hi i'm God

Hi i'm God TRIBE Member

Digging these tracks big time and I don't even like hiphop very much.

3. Illuminati

Illuminati TRIBE Member

4. Destro Sanchez

Destro Sanchez TRIBE Member

no, not really.

what exactly is it about his flow that is so appealing?

5. Spinsah

Spinsah TRIBE Member

I caught him at a Peer Pressure jam at The Drake a few years ago (his first T.O. appearence I think), and he was lipsynching (or had a loud backing track) for the whole set.

Whack?

6. Aerius Zension

Aerius Zension TRIBE Member

I like everyone on Make Her Say except Kid Cudi.

7. Destro Sanchez

whack?

*Stewies voice*
    Will Whhhhhheaton...Whhheaton.
    Kewl Whhhhip

LOL

:D

one of my faves of all time does that same backing vocal track trick -

RAKIM

You know how hard it is to remember all your lyrics, specially when you gettin high day and night??!?
    ;)

8. todiefor

todiefor TRIBE Promoter

I'll be honest, that's a difficult question to answer. He's not too slow, he's not too quick, but he's not just talking either, there's style there, I guess. The tone of his voice seems to catch my ear as well.

I've only heard a few songs, at this point, but I have to say, I'm going to check out more. From what I've heard, I think he's a lot better than a lot of stuff coming out.

I also like the fact that he's not coming at you straight gangster, I wouldn't call him intelligent hiphop by any means, but there's something about him I find a bit refreshing.

9. todiefor

todiefor TRIBE Promoter

don't get me wrong, i'm not saying he's got jigga flow or anything but he does remind me a bit of de la.

10. Destro Sanchez

cool.

I hear ya.