• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Anybody seen The Edge of Tomorrow

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
I absolutely hate Tom Cruise movies, and don't have cable so I have not been blasted with promos for this movie but I am a huge Sci Fi buff and I am on the edge of going...

Any of you TRIBErs seen it yet? Is it worth a visit to the theater? Or should I wait for the DL?

Oh yeah, plus you get the bonus of seeing Tom Cruise get shot in the head multiple times.

He actually goes a bit out of his comfort zone with the character in this - starts out as a pretty spineless coward, works his way to becoming, well, the Tom Cruise we see him play in 90% of his movies.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Primavera

TRIBE Member
The movie is getting very very good reviews, which is surprising considering it's a Tom Cruise summer action movie.

Either way, I'll probably see it to see what all the fuss is about.

Blue Meanies

TRIBE Member
It's a great movie and worth a viewing. Perfect mix of comedy, action, and sci-fi. See it in Imax 3d if you can. 2 thumbs up!

silver1

TRIBE Member
Just saw the movie. . Thought it was exceptionally good. I wonder if it would have been better received if a different lead was cast. But Cruise was fine in it.

Snuffy

TRIBE Member
Did you like Source Code and Starship Troopers?

If so, you'll likely enjoy it.
I hated Starship Troopers. Same with Pacific Sun... boring, dull, and predictable plots. And horrible acting.

Edge of Tomorrow, on the other hand, was great. It's the first summer block buster I've seen in ages that I've actually enjoyed. I can't remember liking a science fiction movie so much since "The Matrix".

djfear

TRIBE Member
Saw it in 3d in a regular cinema the other night. Nothing spectacular about 3D but whatever....

This was a pretty fun movie to watch, worth seeing at a theatre, or definitely a download.

It's like Starship Troopers, the Matrix, and Groundhog Day had sex together and this was their baby. One of the characters also reminds me of the female sarge from Wreck-It-Ralph.

veteze

TRIBE Promoter
it was quite awesome in IMAX 3d. and i normally cant stand tom cruise. but the 90% rating on RT convinced me that it would be decent and it totally was. i could have done without the extra stupid bit right at the end though. it should have ended when it ended. ;)