• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Anybody in the K-W area know any good....

Karim

TRIBE Member
Restaurants and Martini bars? Preferably close to Wilfred Laurier University with decent prices (dinner around $20 a person).

Not looking for a chain restaurant, but one with a nice atmosphere. A friend of mine is going on a date and I said I could help, and now i need help helping him.

Oh and you know how toronto has EYE magazine that reviews restaurants/bars etc. And hamilton has PULSE magazine? What is the one in Kitchener-Waterloo called?

Thanks!

:)
Karim

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

Aerius Zension

TRIBE Member
EYE, never heard of them. :p

Not much in Waterloo besides the Chronicle. Also, Imprint which is a university paper.

Yeah, Exclaim should reach there, but you won't find rest/bar reviews there, just music.

labRat

TRIBE Member
jane bond is always good. and i think reasonably priced. on princess st., beside Huether.

also Raintree Cafe, right across from Laurier in the plaza where Phil's is.

and there's always Wendy's.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

ktown

TRIBE Member
don't forget ethel's lounge!!!
... AND jane bond too :)

they just opened up a new place called The Rude Native - its right by waterloo town square... its alright - menu seemed ok - but by the time i got there i wasn't in any state to remember what was on it or how much it cost :)
-- they are attempting to make it a house music bar/lounge for fri nights... so we checked it out last weekend for a friend's birthday and the poor dj couldn't mix to save his life (though he hada wicked track selection) - and the second guy OMFG he played some techno remixes of the backstreet boys and thats when we left :D hahaha - yeah... but the place is nice

uptown waterloo is good altogether for food... there is some bistro place right next door to the starlight - its supposed to be good...

enios - king st - across the st from st. david... <-- they have martinis

the place right by the waterloo rec. cen. - can't remember what its called - kind of hidden by those lights - they have GOOOD FOOOD & DRINK.. .mmmm... but you're looking @ 50/person for dinner anda glass of something rather...

can you tell i live here?

Karim

TRIBE Member
Well the more locations the more extravagent the date seems. So One place for Dinner and one place for martini's is the plan.

So right now I'm thinking Jane Bond Cafe for Dinner. Now I'm looking for a very nice non eatery martini bar in the area around Jane Bond (near Bridgeport and King). Where the music's not too loud and the atmosphere is chill.

Any suggestions for that?

And thanks SO MUCH for the help so far, you guys are awesome!

Karim

ktown

TRIBE Member
symposium - i think thats waht its called its right at the corner of king & erb. :) - nice place for martinis

[- FuNKtiOn -]

TRIBE Member
go to Del Dente's!
its an awesome italian eatery (with the best flowerpot bread evar) and have "Martini's" (which is the name of the place) right above it for your boozin' needs.
its like right by Fairview Mall, right on the corner of whatever those streets are (oh yeah, those streets)...
its been a while since Ive been to ktown so cant remember street names.

TILT_Lance

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by [- FuNKtiOn -]
go to Del Dente's!
its an awesome italian eatery (with the best flowerpot bread evar) and have "Martini's" (which is the name of the place) right above it for your boozin' needs.
its like right by Fairview Mall, right on the corner of whatever those streets are (oh yeah, those streets)...
its been a while since Ive been to ktown so cant remember street names.

its on the corner of fairway and weber st but i don't think it fits into the price range that they were looking for and its across town from laurier

but the food is amazing

Brandon

TRIBE Member
There's King Street Trio on the corner of University and Weber...and I thought the Mongolian Grill had some kind of bar-within-a-bar. That's in the University Plaza.

Karim

TRIBE Member
Well if this sounds good lemme know:

Jane Bond Cafe for Dinner (if they have nice tables with comfortable chairs and a good eat in atmosphere)

Symposium for Martini's and drinks afterwards. (looking at their website www.symposiumcafe.com, it looks as if their menu is full of appetizer type dishes, so it seems as if they focus more on a cafe/lounge atmosphere than they do a restaurant)

Sound good to you guys?!

Karim

swilly

TRIBE Member
i always liked going to bubble tease place in the plaza

also there is hmmmmmmmmm

well now where not that i think about it
stick with the jane bond and you will be fine or go for nice pints at one of the other places

swilly

labRat

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Karim
Well if this sounds good lemme know:

Jane Bond Cafe for Dinner (if they have nice tables with comfortable chairs and a good eat in atmosphere)
i'd suggest Raintree over Jane Bond.

and then over to Phils for drunken drunk.

IgStar

TRIBE Member
I'm with the Raintree for dinner over Jane Bond for sure.

I'm actually gonna hit the new Rude Native tonight. Gotta $75 gift cert to burn from xmas.

Sole is great food, nice atmospehere, but kinda $$.

labRat

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Indian Girl
I'm actually gonna hit the new Rude Native tonight. Gotta $75 gift cert to burn from xmas.
sorry, i'm busy tonite, can't make it. can we reschedule to another night?