• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Anybody here work in a GIS-related shop?

DaftPunky

TRIBE Member
There's never been much mention of it, so I thought I'd throw the question out there...

Personally, I'm hoping to relocate to the GTA and find work in a GIS-related business. Particularly in application design specific to GIS. So, naturally, I'm curious to know if there might be any Tribers who are already where I want to be.

I know its a long-shot, but ya never know...

:)

Chris

Well-Known TRIBEr
I probably use GIS about 15% of the time here at Assante, not a GIS related shop in anyway though. Usually no time, and I contract it out.

Most of my classmates do work for MapInfo, ESRI, doing various things. Others are in the location based analysis type of applications however.

DaftPunky

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by deep
swilly is in gis

how helpful that ends up being to you, I have no idea.

I faintly remember reading that somewhere before. Too bad he is overseas. Maybe he coulda landed me a job in Canada.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

jason klaps

TRIBE Member
There is a GIS shop at my work... they use MapInfo I believe. We use PushNSee to put the maps on the web, so users can move around and get some data out of it.

Unfortunately they aren't hiring at the moment.