• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

anybody going to ibiza this summer?

noahmintz

TRIBE Member
Me and Rick "the Temp" are going together
We're going to be doing Much Does Ibiza 2002
I'm going to make sure to bring my camcorder to get a lot of footage of Rick fucked out of his skull
Then I'm going to broadcast it on the internet

stu

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

~soulheaven~

TRIBE Member
I'll be there for about 8 or 9 days in the last week of August. I'm going with 5 other friends. We are going to Barcelona first, because we want to take the ferry over.....the ferry is one of the best parts!

It is gonna be right in the middle of high season, which isn't the best scenario, but it was the only time that everyone was free.....

Greg

~soulheaven~

TRIBE Member
haha! We loved the ferry. But we sprung for a cabin, and then we hotboxed it and met these hot American girls who came in and hung out with us and they dosed on the way over. I was shaking my head at them, but they were entertaining and hot at least. Also, we had a great time on the 9 hour ferry, it went by very quickly......there were great tunes, and lots of interesting people to talk to as well.....

Greg

Wunderbar

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by ~soulheaven~
haha! We loved the ferry. But we sprung for a cabin, and then we hotboxed it and met these hot American girls who came in and hung out with us and they dosed on the way over. I was shaking my head at them, but they were entertaining and hot at least. Also, we had a great time on the 9 hour ferry, it went by very quickly......there were great tunes, and lots of interesting people to talk to as well.....

Greg
it's important to spring for the cabin....it's a long ride.
we also met clueless americans partiers on our ferry. They were from Boston and came to Ibiza for Oakenfold, BT and the copious amounts of drugs.

I remember the ferry we were on organized games on the way back to Barcelona including some sort of beanbag toss game...it was so very very lame.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

mandapanda

TRIBE Member
ewewew!!! i was never going to leave the shower because it was just too disgustingly hot outside...unfortunately i had to.

anyways...i'm going to go next year or something when i can enjoy it properly. this year it's england yet again :)

kuba

TRIBE Member
Hey kids

How much will you expect to spend for a week there? im planning a September trip for the closeout parties and think that 2 grand canadian will suffice but perhaps others can comment on this figure? (thats 2 grand including everything: flight, hostel, drugs, clubs etc)

Others that have been?

Qtip

mandapanda

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by qtip
Hey kids

How much will you expect to spend for a week there? im planning a September trip for the closeout parties and think that 2 grand canadian will suffice but perhaps others can comment on this figure? (thats 2 grand including everything: flight, hostel, drugs, clubs etc)

Others that have been?

Qtip
A LOT. A LOT A LOT A LOT. in two and a half days in august i spent £385 including airfare, so approximately $900 (i think?) and this was staying in the crappiest of hostels and not going full-on out every night (ie: sobriety was sometimes a necessary evil). so a week, especially if you want to do things....hmmmm....start saving :)

Nesta

TRIBE Member
i'm going for 9 nights, and i'm thinking 3 grand total.
i've already paid for my flight and hotel (which includes buffet breakfast and dinner daily).
my flight and hotel cost me $1900.

~soulheaven~

TRIBE Member
We are planning a base of $2500 Cdn. for 8 days. That is including two way flight, accomodation & food, cover charges to
ES PARADIS, PACHA, EL DIVINO, EDEN, PRIVELAGE, SPACE, & AMNESIA because we want to hit all the majors up at least once....right there, that will cost us very much....including prolly one bar night in Cafe Del Mar.....

Anyway, if you are honest with yourself, you will factor party supplements into your cost as well, like we did. We are making an outside allowance for the cost to hit $3000 if we find a nice villa to rent......This is gonna hurt, but if you go and don't live it up fully, then why travel all that way, I guess....am I right?

Greg

vinder

TRIBE Member
i spent 2500 in 7 days. 1200 to fly there and stay there. 1300 in partying expenses over about 5 days, as the last two days i just stayed at the pool or the beach.

going for two weeks? double that.

Last year for my one week there (7 days and nights, partied every night), I think my cost was around CDN $3,500 - $4,000

I remember my Flight alone was around $1,800
Hotel $500-$600
"Entertainment" - The remainder

Oooops, that total cost also includes 2 nights of barcelona and the costs assocaited with being there. (I did some damage in an Armani store - look for "rabaixes" - sales in Spanish :))

So in my view, the $3000 is sufficient to party it up right, often and hard in IBZ for in and around a week.

vinder

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Nesta

whoa, that's incredible! where did you stay and who did you fly with?
www.club18-30.co.uk

i got the "works" package......pfft.....the hotel is nice though, really nice pool and in the heart of san antonio (which actually sucks, except for the fact that all the beach bars are there - cafe del mar, cafe savannah, cafe mambo, and there was another one which was my personal favourite, i forget the name....they are all on teh same strip of "beach"), don't do any of their planned stuff, cause they charge you even more for it and it's not worth it.....

but it includes dinner and breakfast (eat out though, food is better)......that is about 700 cdn out of london.....so all you have to do is get yourself to london first.....my flight cost 600 all in to london....

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Nesta

TRIBE Member
^^^ cool. how many separate flights did you have to take to get to ibiza?

sorry if i'm firing questions at you.
i'm just curious... :)

funky_citrus

TRIBE Member
I was over in Ibiza 2 summers ago. Its a hell of alot larger then I thought that itwas gonna be! Cost me $500 canadian to fly from Barcelona, but it was worth it. Especially since I saw Daft Punk play at club Energy...right on the beach....wow

~Leslie~::D

vinder

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Nesta
^^^ cool. how many separate flights did you have to take to get to ibiza?

sorry if i'm firing questions at you.
i'm just curious... :)
one flight to london, then one flight from london to ibiza, that's it.

don't worry, it's best you learn from my mistake. like pest, oops, buggs, said, stay away from san antonio unless you like drunk EXTREMELY rowdy brits. but then again, the beach bars, which IMO were the best thing about ibiza, are in san antonio. so it's a tough call, especially since that's where i went to warm up before heading out each night. best thing is, usually all the big dj's spin at the beach bars FOR FREE before they go spin at the club. i saw dave seaman and steve lawler, not even 10 feet from me spinning at cafe mambo only hours before they went to spin at the clubs.

San Antoni sucks my ass to stay in. That where I stayed last year (I thought more people who spoke English may be good), and boy was I wrong. Fucking Brits were obnoxious, rude and not too friendly. They always thought we were American, and they have some sort of inferiority complex with the Yanks, so I dunno.

But yes, the bars are great in the town, as are the pre-parties. I caught Carl Cox one night, which was sick, prior to him opening up the Renaissance parties that summer.

I want to stay in and around Playa D'en Boss/Bora Bora this year, and will rent a jeep for sure. Nothing was worse than having to shell out $$$$ for cabs and/or waiting for a bus at the end of the night to get back to where you wanted to go. This way you are mobile and can throw in a few cuties in the back ;) Plus in that area you have Space and Bora Bora which are great places to be. You can hit either San Antoni or Ibiza Town at night and let the evening take its course.

I haven't figured out how I am flying there yet this year. I want to take a couple of weeks off of work and want to be in Ibiza for at least a week again. Then maybe two other European destinations added onto that. :)

Remember my flight was in the $1,800 taxes in range which took me from T.O. to London to Madrid to Ibiza (14-16 hours of traveling that day) then from Ibiza to Barcelona (for 2 days) then to London and home. Getting there was kind of hectic, but I can remember the rush of getting off the plane right now. Once again all this Ibiza talk is getting me hyped again fuck. :D

I think the flight into London makes the most sense, then snagging a package from London to the Island.

T