1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Anybody else have problem cancelling Premier Fitness membership??

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by geminigirl, Mar 22, 2010.

1. geminigirl

geminigirl TRIBE Member

I cancelled Jan 19. I understand you get billed for another 30 days. It is March 12 and money is still coming off visa every 2 weeks.

I have already called head office..they assured me that it wouldn't happen again, but it has.

I have been calling/emailing premier fitness head office EVERYday for a week..nobody answers the phone or respond to emails. I have called/emailed their customer service rep as well..nothing.

What do I do? Go to the media? This is bullshit.
  2. geminigirl

geminigirl TRIBE Member

edit---last payment came off March 12.oooops!
  3. ila

ila TRIBE Member

call visa and see what they can do, or just cancel your credit card.
  4. erika

erika TRIBE Member

I had all kinds of hassles with them, even though I delivered my letter of cancellation in person to someone at the front desk of the club I was going to.
    They are the worst.
    I ended up sending a registered letter to their head office and copied the Better Business Bureau.
  5. R4V4G3D_SKU11S

R4V4G3D_SKU11S TRIBE Member

Can't you go to your local bank branch and put a stop payment on it?
  6. geminigirl

geminigirl TRIBE Member

I cancelled my membership and got a copy of form I signed..but..I got in car accident and that form is in my car that got written off.

Maybe I will go back over today to get a photo copy of it from them.

I plan to go to better business bureau for sure.

I will call visa now.

People don't get a membership there.
  7. Dirty Girl

Dirty Girl TRIBE Member

I seem to recall hearing the same problem from many people before about this.
  8. swenard

swenard TRIBE Member

This has been the same problem with Premier since the beginning of time. I don't understand how someone can't be familiar with it.
  9. geminigirl

geminigirl TRIBE Member

^ I wish I knew that.:(

I just reported issue to the bbb.
  10. Wiseman

Wiseman TRIBE Member

11. geminigirl

geminigirl TRIBE Member

I cc'd *every* email address I could find at head office complaining that the customer service rep is not returning calls/emails. And also that NObody at had office answers calls or returns messages. Well..finally an email back from the customer service rep saying that a certain person will be calling me soon and gave his contact info. Now just waiting for the phone call..:rolleyes:
  12. Dr. Grinch

Dr. Grinch TRIBE Member

Call Visa now, tell them to stop payment, and not allow any further payment to them. Otherwise, they'll just change the amount they bill by 1 cent and the payment goes through. Old scam they've been running since they opened.
  13. geminigirl

geminigirl TRIBE Member

^Thanks. Will do that.
  14. I_bRAD

I_bRAD TRIBE Member

didn't you wreck your car like 2 years ago?
  15. Kinger

Kinger TRIBE Member

Just make sure you don't confront them if you have a habit of easily getting angry.
  16. [SQUARE]

[SQUARE] TRIBE Member

I have heard about this scam which has made me nervous to ever sign up with a big franchise type gym like premier.
  17. Destro Sanchez

Destro Sanchez TRIBE Member

I know someone who printed a bunch of 'Premier Ripoff' stickers and fake advertisements and posted them near the Premier Fitness that jerked him royally for a few months.

Think he even started a facebook group too. ha.

good luck, you'll need it.
  18. geminigirl

geminigirl TRIBE Member

Brad, you have a good memory.

I wrote my Acura off exactly 2 years ago when an 18 year old ran a stop sign..he got charged with careless driving..I got a new car.

A few weeks an 80+ year old man ran a red light..wrote off my Toyota..he got charged with careless driving and is likely losing his lisence..I just bought a brand new Mazda Tribute..I plan to have this one for a LONG time. :)
  19. veteze

veteze TRIBE Promoter

20. WestsideWax

WestsideWax TRIBE Promoter

*snicker* (sorry ryan)
  21. swenard

swenard TRIBE Member

Also, I don't necessarily think Premier is out to rip you off as a corporation. I just believe it is a combination laziness at the corporate level and people at the gym level trying to keep their commissions longer.

I think if Premier put in more effort to penalize the people at the gym level, these type of things wouldn't happen.

However, I could be completely wrong.
  22. acheron

acheron TRIBE Member

Given the years of complaints and the similarity of their details I would offer that Premiere's negligence is systemic - the company's ethics are corrupt at a basic level. I have no idea why anyone continues to give them their business.
  23. Bernnie Federko

Bernnie Federko TRIBE Member

haven't they been profiled on a bunch of investigative journalism shows? or am I confusing them with some other business?
  24. toney

toney TRIBE Member

Always pay cash for the year. Giving them banking information is trusting the wrong people.
  25. KodiaK

KodiaK TRIBE Member

extreme fitness in whitby robbed my ass blind for a bit.

So i put a stop payment on my visa.

problem solved.