• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Any plans for a return of Baby Anne to Toronto?

codename

TRIBE Member
I know she was here last year but unfortunately I missed that show. I'm wondering if anyone knows of anything in the works that involves her. I love that style of breaks coming out of Florida and would love to see DJs like Trashy, Tony Faline and Baby Anne live.

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

El Diablo

codename said:
I know she was here last year but unfortunately I missed that show. I'm wondering if anyone knows of anything in the works that involves her.
If I remember correctly, she never showed to that party... that would mean that she hasn't been here in nearly 6 years...

codename

TRIBE Member
El Diablo said:
If I remember correctly, she never showed to that party... that would mean that she hasn't been here in nearly 6 years...

Really? I don't feel bad about missing the show anymore. I should pay more attention. But yeah we need some Florida Breaks DJs up here.

Taro

TRIBE Member
codename said:
Really? I don't feel bad about missing the show anymore. I should pay more attention. But yeah we need some Florida Breaks DJs up here.
:eek:

you're kidding, right?

codename

TRIBE Member
Taro said:
:eek:

you're kidding, right?

lol no I'm serious. I love the miami bass/electro/breaks sound. Some of it is over the top and I think it should only be taken in small doses but I think it is good summer time party music.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

docta seuss

TRIBE Member
vomiton.gif

Eclectic

TRIBE Member
Hey c'mon....every Breaker went through a "Florida Phase" didn't they?

I've still got all my old Kalaidascope stuff.

"Let the bass kick....."

Spinsah

TRIBE Member
Florida breaks really only exists now to bridge top40/hip hop crowds in Floridan clubs. The ghetto motherfuckers can put it with a bit longer becasue it's not straight up gino beats, and the dolled up bizzles get their dance fix. Everyone wins!

Except those with discerning taste in music of course!

Truth be told though, like all of you, there are a few Florida tunes in my crates. Though Baby Anne sucks the big one. Her 'probes' record a few years ago is ballsacktastic.

codename

TRIBE Member
I think they sound dope playing in my car stereo. Like I said I like them in moderation. I've just never been to a party with that stuff playing on a big system.

TheDirtBikeKid

TRIBE Member
That sound isn't being made anymore, nor really played too much by those Dj's.
Evolutution did happen to Florida breaks.....

P.S. Freskanova sucks...........**Runs to hide and watch what is about to be said**

Eclectic

TRIBE Member
Video tape it and then put it on a P2P network as "Ev's Smashing Florida Breaks Mix DJIceyBabyAnneDJTrashyInfinitiRickWestSharazHudaHudia"

:D

[- FuNKtiOn -]

TRIBE Member
TheDirtBikeKid said:
Evolutution did happen to Florida breaks.....

P.S. Freskanova sucks...........**Runs to hide and watch what is about to be said**
I just hope your not considering Freskanova to be Florida breaks.

sauce

TRIBE Member
All you haters i'm sure at one time or another were lovin it. It was an integral part of our scene. I mean if everyone hates it and it was never cool why do you all have records to smash?

peace

sauce

litespeed

Well-Known TRIBEr
sauce said:
All you haters i'm sure at one time or another were lovin it. It was an integral part of our scene. I mean if everyone hates it and it was never cool why do you all have records to smash?

peace

sauce

i got lots of records to smash... fuck vinyl... all about cd's now yo! ;)

sauce

TRIBE Member
Hipsterave said:
^^^ HA I knew you were gonna chime in on this thread!

Haha you know i have a soft spot for the florida sound Farbs. Then again i have a soft spot for the breakbeat no matter what genre.

peace

sauce

Sal De Ban

TRIBE Member
what's with the smelly synths they always use? and the shitty snares that sound like someone tapping a coffee table lightly with their thumb

docta seuss

TRIBE Member
Eclectic said:
Hey c'mon....every Breaker went through a "Florida Phase" didn't they?

I've still got all my old Kalaidascope stuff.

"Let the bass kick....."
yeah, because there was that unfortunate period where your two options were shite nu skool or florida.

!Myagi!

TRIBE Member
gotta admit, at no point have i ever played what could be classified as a florida record (unless you really want to stretch it)....i own one zone record and thats it from the state.

[- FuNKtiOn -]

TRIBE Member
I have no problems looking back in my shelves at home and seeing tracks like DJ 43's "Pepper Spray" (Dave London Remix), Huda Hudia's "Drop the Bass Now", the Infiniti remix of Sweet Dreams, DJ Icey's "Love", and a handful of the other classics.
but luckily my collection of Florida isnt all that extensive so I don't have much of the over-synthed cheesey trance-like Florida breaks.
but I will admit, I played DJ X's "Use Your Love" just a few months ago for the first time in years and the crowd ate it up.