• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

any one goin to squarepusher?

Alex D. from TRIBE on Utility Room

ktown

TRIBE Member
i thought squarepusher always bailed on his shows because they're scared of flying
thats waht happened a couple of summers ago :rolleyes: or was it 3 now?

Last edited:

zorak

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by ktown
i thought squarepusher always bailed on his shows because they're scared of flying
thats waht happened a couple of summers ago :rolleyes: or was it 3 now?

although this is true...he did show up last summer and did a killer set.

i'm definitely attending this show

zorak

TRIBE Member
ok people BIG BIG HUGE EXTRA GREAT addition to this show...CASSETTE BOY IS OPENING!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!

he's the boom boom diggity doodoggy-wogg.

i'm so excited that i'm literally PUKING ALL OVER THE PLACE.

terrawrist III

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by zorak
ok people BIG BIG HUGE EXTRA GREAT addition to this show...CASSETTE BOY IS OPENING!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!

he's the boom boom diggity doodoggy-wogg.

i'm so excited that i'm literally PUKING ALL OVER THE PLACE.

wait a minute...who is cassette boy??...is it another alias for someone I would know??

I would love to go to this but mills will leave me busted for awhile

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

zorak

TRIBE Member
no, not an alias..
two dudes who build tunes from thousands upon thousands of samples, sound bites and music clips that have been hacked and rearranged to skew meaning.

i dunno anything about jeff mills but imo no show is worth missing squarepusher/cassettboy for

terrawrist III

TRIBE Member
no, not an alias..
two dudes who build tunes from thousands upon thousands of samples, sound bites and music clips that have been hacked and rearranged to skew meaning.

i dunno anything about jeff mills but imo no show is worth missing squarepusher/cassettboy for

well....not knowing mills hurts that statement;) ...but yeah, this is tops too...

I was thinking of herbert's radioboy guise I think...if that's who it was it would be a no-brainer

vox

TRIBE Member
ME AND ZORAK OWN THIS SHOW.

anyone who doesn't go to this is deranged in the gonads.

like BIGTIME.

this is going to be the best show of the year.

considering the fact that i can't even get past track 3 on ultravisitor because iambic poetry 9 reduces me to tears it's so good.

i'm really loving his whole organic, jammy tip.

my roomie says that he can tell that pushy (who is fast beating out rob haigh as my original love) is really into the victor wooten right now.

vox

TRIBE Member
i'm going to download cassette boy now.

(well...i'm at work...so the later-now)

it's interesting how many directions this cut'n'paste type stuff can go.

go team negativland.

anyway...any time i start thinking about this show and how good it's going to be i get butteflies in the middle of my chest. i'm soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo excited.

someone is going to have to physically restrain me from crawling down pushy's pantaloons.

zorak

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by vox
i'm going to download cassette boy now.

(well...i'm at work...so the later-now)

it's interesting how many directions this cut'n'paste type stuff can go.

go team negativland.

you should dude...you'd SERIOUSLY appreciate the wonder that is cassette boy. which can only make you even more EXCITED FOR THIS SHOW IF THAT'S POSSIBLE!!! AAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!

hahahaha go team kookykook.

re: jeff mills.

no matter how good this guy is (granted i'm not a big techno head), he's no squarepusher and he can't touch the HILARITY and pure genius that is cassette boy.

HILARITY AND PURE GENIUS PEOPLE.

zorak

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by tommysmalls
when/where is this?

it's on april 6th at the phoenix (aka one of the best venues/sound systems in the city)
you can get tix at all the usual places

vveerrgg

TRIBE Promoter
I'll be at this one for sure..... friends are coming up from the states for this one!

so i'lll be curious to see what he's all aobut live.

terrawrist III

TRIBE Member
you should dude...you'd SERIOUSLY appreciate the wonder that is cassette boy. which can only make you even more EXCITED FOR THIS SHOW IF THAT'S POSSIBLE!!! AAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!

hahahaha go team kookykook.

re: jeff mills.

no matter how good this guy is (granted i'm not a big techno head), he's no squarepusher and he can't touch the HILARITY and pure genius that is cassette boy.

HILARITY AND PURE GENIUS PEOPLE.

LOL....ok:rolleyes:

zorak

TRIBE Member
i hate that stupid eye rolly man!!

zorak1.jpg

zoo

TRIBE Member
jeff mills is the grandfather of techno

squarepusher is great but he's no jeff mills :)

if i was cool i'd go to both, but since i'm lamecore^extreme i'll be going to neither

vox

TRIBE Member
ummmm...can jeff mills play the stand up bass? does jeff mills go beyond techno to be a talented jazz musician?

me and zorak worship pushy as a personal jesus...so before you start your anti-pushy propaganda...can it, cheddarhead.

p.s. i also dislike the eye rolley guy. there's nothing more demoralizing than that one stupid emoticon.

terrawrist III

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by vox
ummmm...can jeff mills play the stand up bass? does jeff mills go beyond techno to be a talented jazz musician?

me and zorak worship pushy as a personal jesus...so before you start your anti-pushy propaganda...can it, cheddarhead.

p.s. i also dislike the eye rolley guy. there's nothing more demoralizing than that one stupid emoticon.

demoralizing??:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

HEY I fully respect 'pusher and his vast musical palette,his brother will be big too...I'll most likely hit this gig simply because less than 20 for him is a steal!

zorak

TRIBE Member
yeah, you gotta recognize that squarepusher is our jesus.

also, from my understanding jeff mills is here like once a year. pusher doesn't come around that often and i'd wager he puts on a better show. he WAILS AWAY on the bass like a fucking crazy lunatic.

Did either of you go see him last august? that show was a religious experience plain and simple.

and you'll probably never get a chance to see cassette boy again. they're like fucken fugitives or something ahahaha well...maybe not, but they violate more copyright laws than any other artist i've come across.

obviously go to which ever show you like better.

in conclusion, zoo is definitely the epitome of lamecore ;)

zoo

TRIBE Member
pusher doesn't come around that often

Did either of you go see him last august?

nice won! :D

on average mills plays toronto once every 2 years [from what i remember over the past 6 years]

zoo

TRIBE Member
taken from some random bbc site

My mate (who's an Irish girl from Essex) said that she once went drinking in Sydney with one of the members of Cassetteboy and lost nearly 8 whole days of her life. Awesome stuff really when you think about it. I didn't know wether to beleive her or not but then she showed me the scars from all the laughing she did. She said it was like watching a Tommy Cooper show on laughing gas.

terrawrist III

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by zoo
nice won! :D

on average mills plays toronto once every 2 years [from what i remember over the past 6 years]

try once every 4 evidentally...and after saturday's gig maybe another 4-5 IF were lucky

and BTW tonight I sat down and went through Ultravisitor and im def. going

zoo

TRIBE Member
you're right, last time he was here was 2000 at turbo

... although before that was jan 99 at industry ;)