• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Any news on Drop The Lime???

why not

TRIBE Member
i stopped in for a bit, but had to leave not long after Drop The Lime got on the decks to get to the Ame gig.

they brought in a bubble machine, a smoke machine, and a lazer.

it was decent, but it seemed like it was just getting going when i left around 1ish.

docta seuss

TRIBE Member
jeebus.. drop the lime was beyond awesome.. i'd have to describe his performance as wicked-awesome.

i went expecting minimal, quirky goodness, but what he served-up was HARD HARD HARD shit..

whilst continuously spewing his fricking infectious energy all over the place, he mixed all sorts of filth, from electro to dubstep to techno to dnb, and everything in between, and effortlessly kept the crowd moving.

my only complaint is that he played a tad too much dnb. tempo changes are fine, and a nice change of pace, but methinks one should quickly revert back to the established norm.. but, i went outside to escape the heat at that point, had a good round of hack, and when i returned, he was mixing in a slower tempo again.

i found the choice of warm-up dj's to be a tad odd, but they played well, and i'm sure any house-heads in attendance were pleased by their offerings. not quite hard enough or non-house enough for me, but i did catch myself involuntarily moving on a few occasions.

why not

TRIBE Member
docta seuss said:
i found the choice of warm-up dj's to be a tad odd, but they played well, and i'm sure any house-heads in attendance were pleased by their offerings. not quite hard enough or non-house enough for me, but i did catch myself involuntarily moving on a few occasions.

LOL - i would consider myself a house head at heart, and i don't think i'd use that to describe Sek-1's set.
also, i thought he was playing too hard and fast for the vibe in the room - it was kind of a relief when Drop The Lime slowed it down to hiphop speed when he came on. glad to hear he ended up going through a lot of genres and that the party went off well - wish i could have stayed longer.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

docta seuss

TRIBE Member
why not said:
i thought he was playing too hard and fast for the vibe in the room.
i agree, but i think the reason that people found it to be too much was because they weren't really feeling his beats.

he threw down a few good steppy records, and a couple breaks[brouse] choons that i was diggin', and admittedly i was into a few of the dirtier house tracks that he dropped as well, but i found that whenever the energy in the room started to build, another chill[ish] house beat would mix its way in, and away flew the energy.

when DTL came on, i don't think it was so much the tempo that made me breath a little easier, but the fact that there were off-beats and snares.