• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Any K-pop lovers here?

Nemo286

I like Big Bang. I think their music is fine, of course I don't understand a word, but still... haha

Charlie476

K-pop might be attractive because it picked up the stylings of different genres. But I don't listen to it. I prefer hip-hop. If I were to look at hip-hop as a whole, then it's a style where you pay more attention to the words than the music itself - that's its unique feature. It's a great way to convey something to the listener. That's why I like the work of those performers whose text carries some kind of positive meaning.

dbzraver

There's also K Hip-Hop which is , you guessed it, more of a true hip hop sub-genre. Although K-Pop often features rap type lyrics, the beats are less drummy and more commercial. Same for J-POP for Japan, these genres are extremely big in Asia.