• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Any Chance of Certain Headlinners Coming In

wakipaki

TRIBE Member
Question to breaks promoters (Focus etc.....), is it profitable to bring in the likes of Krafty Kuts, Soul of Man, Freestylers, Adam Freeland to Toronto without the backing of being part of a guvernment mega-party, if so lets get the boys from finger lickin down here as soon as possible.

JESuX

TRIBE Member
i'd really like to see tipper touch down with an up-tempo and down-tempo set.

i don't know how well a toronto crowd would support such a show though.

JESuX

TRIBE Member
and we all know the plumps could rock any huge room in this city, is flight phobia still an issue? don't they play in australia sometimes?

tEkKiD

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by JESuX
and we all know the plumps could rock any huge room in this city, is flight phobia still an issue? don't they play in australia sometimes?

you do post in other threads other than the pic/tribe thread.......

:eek:

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

litespeed

Well-Known TRIBEr
Originally posted by JESuX

I think I recall hearing that one of the isn't allowed into the country... not positive on that though.

JESuX

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by tEkKiD
you do post in other threads other than the pic/tribe thread.......

:eek:

Good thing that was my boyfriend.

Maybe you should check the hip hop forum if you want to see "the real me"

Hispeeddub

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by ev
I think I recall hearing that one of the isn't allowed into the country... not positive on that though.

yep, its true... from what i understand is they have yet to preform in canada but they are trying to get that sorted this year as they are being asked to preform @ shambhala 2004 (along with freq nasty and posibly more from the fingerlikin crew)
Werd up on the tipper request!! Had the pleasure of expreiencing both an up and downtempo set from tipper last summer... just about fucking ruined me. Also another one to add to the first post "Stanton Warriors"!! , someone please bring these two here ... i am sure the results would prove legendary.

The Electrician

TRIBE Promoter
well there pretty much is only one real way to ge the big wigs to Canada... you have to get a corporate whore to pay for it.. so you wont lose money. You could also get a good corporate sponser like Technincs or Pioneer... but I guess cigarette companies are the way to go... for some reason. Im sure Mr. Joe
Heffernan (CEO of Benson and Hedges) is saying "Wow I really feeling like having the Plump Dj's play in Toronto" as he so eloquently uses his voice box... If he said that... then they would be here but I highly doubt he even knows was music is. just an example of a corporate whore who uses headliners to sell smokes to the youth by using them and our music as a way to make cash...

It's just not right...

But if I could get a company like Pioneer to sponser a jam... I would definitely bring like Krafty or etc. here...

Anyways.... I need to go outside and get some air...

w.

TheDirtBikeKid

TRIBE Member
Then how about we all contribute to a 'Plump Dj's' fund!!!!
Go to all the events in the city that you know would have possible customers for your event and set up a booth outside.
We could call it a " Plumpathon" for the sick kids hospital. Then give all the proceeds the the Hospital.
It(the fundraiser part) would probably help witht the work permit(s)!!!
Dave

D-Monic

TRIBE Member
The Plump DJ's CAN NOT come to North America. One of them has a criminal record, the other hates to fly and won't go alone.

They were picked up by one of the biggest booking agency in North America (the same agency that handles Britney Spears and Justin Timberlake) and THEY couldn't get the work Visa's sorted out.

I wouldn't expect to see them anytime soon unless you go to Europe.

Lestat

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by D-Monic
The Plump DJ's CAN NOT come to North America. One of them has a criminal record, the other hates to fly and won't go alone.

They were picked up by one of the biggest booking agency in North America (the same agency that handles Britney Spears and Justin Timberlake) and THEY couldn't get the work Visa's sorted out.

I wouldn't expect to see them anytime soon unless you go to Europe.

they play in australia though....must be easier to get work visas down there or something:confused:

wakipaki

TRIBE Member
Plump Dj's are awesome, saw them at Fabric a while back as well as the Stanton Warriors,

As for anybody here that loves breaks and summer festivals, you have to go to Shambhala, BC, best rave/festival/anything I've been to, including the likes of Glastonburry, love parade etc....

Last Year was Krafty Kuts, Tipper, SOul of Man, each doing 1 set on a different stage each night, Tipper tore the roof off the Ewok village (yeah they build a full out ewok village to party in)

Hispeeddub

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by wakipaki

As for anybody here that loves breaks and summer festivals, you have to go to Shambhala, BC, best rave/festival/anything I've been to, including the likes of Glastonburry, love parade etc....

Last Year was Krafty Kuts, Tipper, SOul of Man, each doing 1 set on a different stage each night, Tipper tore the roof off the Ewok village (yeah they build a full out ewok village to party in)

Already have my tickets :) Sunday night in the ewok changed me forever.

rentboy

TRIBE Member
agree fully on the Tipper sets.

His normal uptempo sets are usually deadly.

and a mate of mine saw him play a downtempo set in Dallas and told me it was one of the best sets he ever heard.

dj Red Turtle

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by kick
what do you mean he didn't show up?

I've got proof that he did the back to back with Chu.

simply%20jeff%20009.jpg

wakipaki

TRIBE Member
Already have my tickets Sunday night in the ewok changed me forever.

Hispeeddub, when you came home from Shambhala and told people how amazing it was d'you think people really understood, or where just like yeah sounds good. People need to realize, the best party in the world goes on right in your own country, big up Shambhala.

Hispeeddub

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by wakipaki
Hispeeddub, when you came home from Shambhala and told people how amazing it was d'you think people really understood, or where just like yeah sounds good. People need to realize, the best party in the world goes on right in your own country, big up Shambhala.
yeah its one of those things you cant really explain...i guess the same way people say you cant explain burning man, i agree shambala is most definatly canadas best party hands down, funny thing is shambala was never suposed to be a big party, it started as a local gathering and has grown more each year. This year is going to be great I cant wait.