1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Any Akai APC20 (or APC40) users?

Discussion in 'Electronic Music Producers Forum' started by casual, Sep 10, 2010.

1. casual

casual TRIBE Promoter

Thinking of getting this unit for use in Traktor, want to ask a few questions to someone who knows the machine well and has used it outside of ableton..

tks

2. DoubleDown

DoubleDown TRIBE Member

I had looked in to this at one point too (actually I was more interested in using LauchPad with Traktor) before I fell in love with my Kontrol X1's ... There is a lot of threads on the ableton forums full of info and mappings... there are also a few cool youtube vids of various setups and uses of the APC/Traktor combo.

There is also a piece of software someone has written as a bridge between the hardware and the software for bi-directional communication, like the native APC is with Ableton.. eg. Making the LEDs on Traktor trigger the LEDs on the Launchpad.. so you can have a visual cue for what is going on just by looking at the controller and which LEDs are lit (or which color is enabled of the 3/4 available)

3. mrtunes

mrtunes TRIBE Member

How are the APCs useful for traktor? It's deck based- I'm confused

4. romstah

romstah TRIBE Member

[YOUTUBE]TLVBTf-SGv4[/YOUTUBE]
    [YOUTUBE]55FGLz49eXM[/YOUTUBE]

5. Taro

Taro TRIBE Member

I"ve only used it with ableton, but it's pretty solid. although I end up using it primarily as test model, and do all the actually writing in the arrange window, w/out the help of the mpc 40....

I would like to see how it runs with traktor though...that would be a significant advance..

6. Taro

Taro TRIBE Member

after watching those videos, I feel like I'm barly using the mpc40 to its potential..thanks...