• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Anti-terrorist raids in Toronto?

SellyCat

TRIBE Member
This was just put out by Associated Press.

Associated Press said:
Nine people were arrested in Toronto over Friday night in connection with terror activities.

Over 100 police were involved in the operation, and more arrests were expected in the coming hours.

man_slut

TRIBE Member
Yah it's some joint effort with the toronto Police and I think the RCMP... They are rounding up these suspected "terrorists" at the Pickering Police station... Should be interesting... I read about this on the CNN web site!

Lurker

TRIBE Member
Big press conference going on now on Newsworld.

3 tonnes of ammonium nitrate & fuel oil (ANFO - Oklahoma City) or something like that.

The dropped the Al Quaeda name as well

SellyCat

TRIBE Member
Lurker said:
Big press conference going on now on Newsworld.

3 tonnes of ammonium nitrate & fuel oil (ANFO - Oklahoma City) or something like that.

The dropped the Al Quaeda name as well
Three tons...Holy fucking shit! One question is whether they were planning to use it here or transport it to the USA.

Lurker

TRIBE Member
SellyCat said:
Three tons...Holy fucking shit! One question is whether they were planning to use it here or transport it to the USA.
Good question, though everyone is saying they were planning on targets in southwestern Ontario,

They just posted the names of those arrested on Newsworld.

I noticed a trend in the names.....

Ditto Much

TRIBE Member
SellyCat said:

The Star is claiming it was for targets inside Canada.

Lurker

TRIBE Member
Ditto Much said:
notice the tend in ages as well. My lord when I was that age I was dancing in warehouses doing drugs.

Yeah. There were a couple older dudes, who I'll assume were the ringleaders of sorts but most of them were under 25-27 years old. Nevermind the 5 Young Offenders as well!

Scary shit though somehow not surprising. Why would Canada NOT be targetted by terrorist organizations? I don't think that in this day and age, any country in particular is immune to terrorism of this "ideology".

judge wopner

TRIBE Member
Lurker said:
Yeah. There were a couple older dudes, who I'll assume were the ringleaders of sorts but most of them were under 25-27 years old. Nevermind the 5 Young Offenders as well!

Scary shit though somehow not surprising. Why would Canada NOT be targetted by terrorist organizations? I don't think that in this day and age, any country in particular is immune to terrorism of this "ideology".
part of the problem is alot of people still fundamentally think weve never been the victum of terroris,, the air india bombing is our sad example of not just a successful terrorist operation, but the widespread failure of our intellegence organizations and goverments in hampering/stopping it.

too many people get all "oh they are targeting muslims" and what not, these idiots were being followed closely for months, apparently they got 1 guy taking footage of the electriacal systems at keele station, making public access inquiries for blue prints of various site incliding foundation and electrial schematics.

though im suscpisious of any dude that drops the "aq" word when interrogated or captured, thats like mobsters talking about being part fo the mod when they get arrested.

SellyCat

TRIBE Member

What do you notice in the picture above? Look carefully and you will discover that the government planted explosive devices all over the structural elements of the building. Only an atomic weapon could produce the amount of KWH to cause that mini-van to remain so inert--that's a FACT! Furthermore, look at the guy touching the mini-van. Do you see him? He's right there. What's he doing? Why is he touching the van? Who does he think he is? Why is he tampering with evidence and why is he so obviously planting explosives? Because he didn't expect SG to be lurking in the bushes with his camera, that's why!!! If it wasn't for SG's incredibly bravery and courage, we would never have been alerted to the truth about 6/3/06.

And look at that date: 6/3/6..If you multiply the middle integer by the result of dividing it into either of the two other integers and then replace it with the product you get: 666. That's right! THE SIGN OF THE BEAST!

This is just the tip of the iceberg folks.

Let the peices fall where they may.

FACT!

Last edited:

SellyCat

TRIBE Member
Vincent Vega said:
*shakes head and smiles* selly, selly , selly... :)

Can you deny that the guy in the background is blurring himself to obscure his identity? And why can't we see his hands? What is he hiding? The truth, that's what.

ok ok ok....that's enough.

Ditto Much

TRIBE Member
damn we're top news on the bbc

http://news.bbc.co.uk/

Canada arrests 17 in terror raid
Twelve men have been arrested in Toronto on terror charges, Canadian police have confirmed. They are also holding five youths.

Police said the men were planning to commit a series of "al-Qaeda-inspired" terrorist attacks in southern Ontario.

They had obtained materials used in bomb-making, including three tonnes of ammonium nitrate.

Officials said the group "posed a real and serious threat" with "the capacity and intent to carry out these attacks".

Ammonium nitrate is a commonly-used fertiliser.

"To put it in context, the 1995 bombing of the Murrah Federal Building in Oklahoma City that killed 168 people was completed with only one ton of ammonium nitrate," said Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) assistant commissioner Mike McDonell.

"Our investigation and arrests prevented the assembly of any bombs and the attacks from being carried out," he added.

Southern Ontario is one of the country's main economic and business centres.

'Violent ideology'

Officials showed what they said was evidence of bomb-making materials, a computer hard drive, camouflage uniforms and what appeared to be a door with bullet holes in it.

The RCMP and other government security agencies, including intelligence and border security, have been conducting a lengthy investigation involving 400 people - the largest of its kind in Canada.

"We must remain vigilant," Mr McDonell said. "Canada is susceptible to criminal terrorist activity as much as any other country."

Police said those arrested on Friday were all Canadian residents "of different origins", most of them citizens - some were students, some employed, others unemployed.

The suspects appeared to have "chosen a violent ideology inspired by al-Qaeda", said Luc Portelance, assistant director of operations for the Canadian Security Intelligence Service (CSIS), Canada's spy agency.

More arrests are said to be possible.

The suspects are to appear in a Toronto area court later on Saturday.

Story from BBC NEWS:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/2/hi/americas/5044560.stm

docta seuss

TRIBE Member
CBC

The 12 men and five youths accused of plotting to build bombs to set off in southern Ontario were supporters of al-Qaeda, law enforcement officials alleged Saturday.

"For various reasons, they appear to have become adherents of a violent ideology inspired by al-Qaeda," said Luc Portelance, Assistant Director of Operations for the Canadian Security Intelligence Service (CSIS).

"Any movement that has the ability to turn people against their fellow citizens is obviously something CSIS is very concerned about," said Portelance, although officials stressed there's no direct link between those charged and the militant group.

Led by the RCMP's anti-terrorism task force, more than 400 police officers from across Ontario made the series of arrests Friday night and early Saturday morning.

Of the adults arrested, four are from Toronto, six are from nearby Mississauga, and two are from Kingston in eastern Ontario. The men range in age from 19 to 43.

Most of the suspects are Canadian citizens and all are residents, said police, who added that some are students, some are employed and some are unemployed.

The Mississauga suspects are Zakaria Amara, 20, Asad Ansari, 21, Shareef Abdelhaleen, 30, Qayyum Abdul Jamal, 43, Ahmad Mustafa Ghany, 21, and 19-year-old Saad Khalid.

Those from Toronto include Fahim Ahmad, 21, Jahmaal James, 23, Amin Mohamed Durrani, 19, and 25-year-old Steven Vikash Chand, alias Abdul Shakur.

The Kingston suspects were identified as 22-year-old Mohammed Dirie and 24-year-old Yasim Abdi Mohamed.

Rocco Galati, a lawyer for two of the Mississauga suspects, told the Canadian Press that Ahmad Mustafa Ghany is a health sciences graduate from McMaster University in Hamilton. He was born in Canada, the son of a medical doctor who emigrated from Trinidad and Tobago in 1955.

Shareef Abdelhaleen is an unmarried computer programmer of Egyptian descent, Galati said. He emigrated from Egypt at the age of 10 with his father who is now an engineer on contract with Atomic Energy of Canada, the lawyer said.

Another lawyer for some of the accused talked to reporters outside a courtroom in Brampton where the suspects were taken on Saturday. He said relatives of the accused are considering filing lawsuits.

"I think there are a lot of people here today who should not be involved in this," said Anser Farooq. "I think they cast their net far too wide."

The arrests mark the second time people have been detained under Canada's Anti-terrorism Act.

The first case involves Mohammad Momin Khawaja, an Ottawa-area man charged with participating in the activities of a British terrorist group and facilitating a terrorist activity. He is being held in an Ottawa detention centre, awaiting trial.

DTD

TRIBE Member
This is just more propaganda for the so-called war on terror.
Since when is having fertilizer' a sign your gonna make a bomb. Of course they are all arabs..... that will fuel the arabs are terrorits myth and cause more arab tensions.
"Today, Canada's security and intelligence measures worked. Canada's new government will pursue its efforts to ensure the national security of all Canadians."

http://www.canada.com/topics/news/story.html?id=d096c615-8c9b-4b17-b98f-c0acfecada09

Oh boy I feel so uch more safer now...

Vincent Vega

TRIBE Member
^ so a dozen or so men, likely of Islamic or Arab descent, who allegedly photographed and videotaped secure facilities in the city, and were found in the possession of firearms and THREE TONS of ammonium nitrate (I guess they have really big lawns).....doesn't fill you with any concern at all?

Can you not at least concede the possibility?

docta seuss

TRIBE Member
Catgrabber said:

Can you deny that the guy in the background is blurring himself to obscure his identity? And why can't we see his hands? What is he hiding? The truth, that's what.
hahaha..

docta seuss

TRIBE Member
DTD said:
Since when is having fertilizer' a sign your gonna make a bomb. Of course they are all arabs..... that will fuel the arabs are terrorits myth and cause more arab tensions.
i imagine sand would feel a little scratchy in the eyes, no?

SellyCat

TRIBE Member
DTD said:
"Today, Canada's security and intelligence measures worked. Canada's new government will pursue its efforts to ensure the national security of all Canadians."

http://www.canada.com/topics/news/story.html?id=d096c615-8c9b-4b17-b98f-c0acfecada09

Oh boy I feel so uch more safer now...
I mean really, now!

Yes, there's a degree of propaganda to it. But for fuck's sake...3 tons of amonium nitrate in an urban area + public requests for blueprints of electrical facilities = conspiracy to blow shit up.

DTD

TRIBE Member
Silly me. I though that people were innocent untill proven guilty in a court of law not by media agreement. Not guilty by association or being "suspected' of a crime or having ties to orgnaizations that are on some kind of list . Lets just througt out the criminal justice system all together then the media will be the law.:rolleyes:

Vincent Vega

TRIBE Member
Have they been convicted already? Were all those highly paid defense lawyers outside their (publicly funded) court appearance today a figment of my imagination?

Think.

SellyCat

TRIBE Member
DTD said:
Silly me. I though that people were innocent untill proven guilty in a court of law not by media agreement. Not guilty by association or being "suspected' of a crime or having ties to orgnaizations that are on some kind of list . Lets just througt out the criminal justice system all together then the media will be the law.:rolleyes:
I'm sorry. Please allow me to rephrase.

It SURE AS FUCK looks like at least one of them was planning to blow shit up. That's just my humble assessment.