• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

anti-dubstep t-shirts

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
Everyone seems to be wearing anti-dubstep shirts - jeez people will find anyway they can to spread its notoriety.

Krackajak

TRIBE Member
Everyone seems to be wearing anti-dubstep shirts - jeez people will find anyway they can to spread its notoriety.
Really? I guess since I like Dubstep, and I am usually with like minded individuals I have not seen them.

the only anti-dubstep'ish shirts I've seen are the Bro Stop shirts, which I though were pretty clever.

Subsonic Chronic

TRIBE Member
I don;t get that shirt but I also like dubstep in moderate quantities.
"Bro Step" is the term affectionately used for the more widespread/popular dubstep tracks that tend to attract the "bros" to their events.

Personally I don't know exactly where dubstep ends and where brostep begins, whether it's simply a popularity thing or whether it has to do with the sound itself.

Techdruid

TRIBE Member
"Bro Step" is the term affectionately used for the more widespread/popular dubstep tracks that tend to attract the "bros" to their events.

Personally I don't know exactly where dubstep ends and where brostep begins, whether it's simply a popularity thing or whether it has to do with the sound itself.
thanks for clarifying that, actually. I hate them at the Guv, e.g. the Chase & Status event sucked, and Fatboy Slim was overrun by sweaty shirtless wonders waiting for Afrojack. There's a twinkie guy at my work who informed me of the "cool" drop of the Rebecca Black Friday Skrillex mix. Nearly died laughing.

glych t.anomaly

TRIBE Member

its generally the sound IMO, much more aggresive, less thought out, i would say ....

' poorly produced tracks that are a mixture of sounds that are played to death, building and dropping to quickly, raging in your face non stop buzz saw wubwubwubwub, and a lack of what i can intelligent bass music ( dubsteop falls into intelligent when done right just like anyone music genre ) and there is a fairly solid group of individuals that continuously produce them. '

But i digress, it is def the individual that decides if they like it or not.