• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Another Xmas, another outfit for the dog...

Smiley Jo

TRIBE Member
Every Christmas my family thinks it's funny to get some sort of ridiculous outfit for the family schnauzer. :rolleyes:

Over the years it's ranged from sweaters to raincoats to lifejackets (fluorecent-pink no less) to tank-tops.... and frankly I think it's just getting out of control. This year my mom knitted him a matching scarf and toque and the hat had ear holes in it so his little ears could poke out.
:confused:

Like - okay. I can see a dog needing a sweater if it's a short-haired dog and it's 30 below outside. But yesterday as we were playing hockey on the lake, my poor dog was wearing a black Harley Davidson muscle t-shirt under this blue puffy vest thing. :eek: Is that necessary?

It's the same thing every year. They unwrap the outfit, they laugh, they dress up the dog (who is usually shaking in fear), then they laugh again... I mean - the poor dog has no idea how retarded he looks, and I highly doubt he likes wearing the crap... Although my parents insist he does, but I keep telling them that if that's the case - i'm pretty sure he's gay. :p

Does anyone else have relatives that insist on embarrassing their animals this way - or do my parents and sister need help? I should also add that my mom has started to knit scarves for the neighbours dogs too - so it's starting to spread.

Someone help me save Spanky!

SJ

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

kat

TRIBE Member
oh lighten up

dogs with hats are a wonderful thing.
especially when that imagery can be incorporated into sock patterns for me.

kat

TRIBE Member
dont disgrace the dogs with hats ritual with the trucker hat fad

they wear tried and true, posh sherlock holmes hats, or tams or pompom hats.

new to t.o.

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Smiley Jo Like - okay. I can see a dog needing a sweater if it's a short-haired dog and it's 30 below outside. But yesterday as we were playing hockey on the lake, my poor dog was wearing a black Harley Davidson muscle t-shirt under this blue puffy vest thing. :eek: Is that necessary?

ROFL It's certainly not necessary!

Any pics of this poor pooch? :D

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

tella

TRIBE Member
Re: Re: Another Xmas, another outfit for the dog...

Originally posted by new to t.o.
ROFL It's certainly not necessary!

Any pics of this poor pooch? :D
it's not necessary but it's hilarious.