• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Another work story: The idiots collect pop can tabs

Originally posted by JEMZ
Dood, he doesnt have low self esteem at all... he just enjoys laughing at morons.

so.. people who help the unfortunate are morons ?

okaaaaaaaaaaay then.

patrick

Originally posted by Katman
One of the women in my office has not 1, but 2 framed 8X10 pictures of herself in her cubical. I thought that was kinda weird... but collecting pop can lids is off the hook

That's pretty funny. It's like having a couple of mirrors in your office, only better!

Originally posted by Subsonic Chronic
That's pretty funny. It's like having a couple of mirrors in your office, only better!

I have a mirror in the closet in my office :( But I didn't put it there, honest.

Subscribe to Cannabis Goldsmith, wherever you get your podcasts
Originally posted by PosTMOd
1,000,000 pop can tabs = $300

1,000,000 pennies = $10,000

Do the math, fucknuts.

uh huuhhhhhhhhh.... aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand ?

fucknuts ? LOL

no low self esteem huh ?

:D

patrick

Re: Re: Another work story: The idiots collect pop can tabs

Originally posted by patri©k
dood. do you have such a low self esteem that you seriously feel the need to lash out at everything ?

that's pretty fucking weak.

patrick

Did you run out of pot or something?

I hope so, because man it makes you daft.

It should only take about 10 years for you to get your brain back to grade 3 level.

Re: Re: Re: Another work story: The idiots collect pop can tabs

Did you run out of pot or something?

I hope so, because man it makes you daft.

It should only take about 10 years for you to get your brain back to grade 3 level.

:)

I'm surprised you don't have more of an 'authoratative' roll in society.

patrick

Originally posted by Katman
One of the women in my office has not 1, but 2 framed 8X10 pictures of herself in her cubical. I thought that was kinda weird... but collecting pop can lids is off the hook

of herself?

holy vain! hahahah...in her cubicle too!

buahahha

Here at work, they've taken that picture of me and cut the head out and stuck it on the 4 foot tall Santa Claus.

It's good for my self-esteem, so I don't mind.

Ahahaha...

This has always been one of the funniest things to me... yeah, you morons, pop can tabs are special aluminum...

Ahahahaha... little jimmy will get a wheelchair soon!
hey asshole why don't you think before you speak or type?

Yes people collect the tabs and yes it goes to charity. In fact my father is the one who runs the charity along with leaders of the organizations for diasbled youth and adults. He does this in his spare time out of the goodness of his heart and the pays for the expense out of his own pocket. Why? because obviously he sees something greater in life that you do not. A sense of compasion and a drive to help.

Just so your ignorant ass knows, you need 1,000lbs of tabs to make a chair. That works out to be a million tabs. The aluminum from the tabs are not actually used to make the chair. The tabs are sold to recycling companies as processed pure aluminum. Only the tab and lid of the can are pure aluminum. Nobody is going to cut off the lids and wash them so just the tabs are collected.

The reason the tabs are collected is because they are cheap, easy and everywhere.

In the past two years my father has collected enough tabs to donate four wheelchairs to needy and disabled people. These people were chosen in conjunction with charities like march of dimes and Cerybral Pulsey.

Without the help of the considerate people like the one at your work, four people would not have received a chair, been able to go outside, lead a life, have a job or do much about anything. I'm sure these people are thankful for the collectors and very proud of you for not taking 2 seconds to put your tab in the box.

But hey, like you said, the ones collecting the tabs are the morons right?

jeremy -grow the fuck up- jive

"Authoritative role", just so you know for next time, dimwit.

gee. I hope one day I can be just like you. I swear man... you are by far.. the coolest person on tribe.

I think I might just have to subscribe to all of your threads.

just keep picking away... and ONE DAY.... one day buddy...

by the way, nice foil hat fag.

:)

patrick

Do the math, fucknuts.

1,000,000 pop tabs = $500 of free money that came out of what would have been scrap garbage.

1,000,000 pennies = $10,000 that came from $10,000 (ie, not free money to help the needy).

Its a lot easier to get people to give away something they were going to throw out than it is to get them to give away their loose money.

jeremy -open your eyes- jive

Yep I knew your dad had a big part to do with that Jer...

I really should start collecting them I drink sooo much pop .. and then I can give them to you to pass to your dad

yup.

people jike Jeremy's father deserve praise not criticism.

and wow.. I spelt a word wrong. Better show everyone how cool you are by pointing it out.

your spelling prowess is that unlike any other.

timo... get a grip buddy.

patrick

Do the math, fucknuts.

It's STILL 300 dollars that would have ended up in some landfill site buried deep underneath piles of garbage never to be seen again. $300 might not be much to you but it can make a substantial difference to the quality of someone's life. I don't have an extra $300 to donate but I'd gladly give the 2 seconds that it takes to pop the tab off a canned beverage.

People don't do anything because they feel like they can't make a difference.... that their 20 tabs a month doesn't amount to anything. The truth is... it all adds up. This of course applies to everything... not just aluminum tabs.

Do something nice for someone today... and don't expect anything in return. It'll make you feel good!

Shawna

Originally posted by gubydal

Do something nice for someone today... and don't expect anything in return. It'll make you feel good!

Shawna

he's too busy covering up his own insecurities by lashing out at others who are just too busy 'trying' to do something positive.

GO TEAM SPELLCHECKER!

:p

patrick

Jer! I didn't know your pops had done that shit!

way to go!
I don't drink pop. But they collect them here too. The lunchroom has a huge jar in it that all the pressman use....

I never had thought to ask where they actually send these things.
Snaps to your dad Jer. :)

Re: Re: Another work story: The idiots collect pop can tabs

Originally posted by Jeremy
hey asshole why don't you think before you speak or type?

Yes people collect the tabs and yes it goes to charity. In fact my father is the one who runs the charity along with leaders of the organizations for diasbled youth and adults. He does this in his spare time out of the goodness of his heart and the pays for the expense out of his own pocket. Why? because obviously he sees something greater in life that you do not. A sense of compasion and a drive to help.

Then your dad is a moron.

He should collect ONE PENNY instead of ONE TAB, and it would be worth 20 times... and for the same effort.

God, are you ALL RETARDS?