1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Another reason not to eat head cheese

Discussion in 'Health Forum' started by alexd, Jul 23, 2010.

1. alexd

alexd Administrator Staff Member

National head cheese recall! Salmonella!

2. acheron

acheron TRIBE Member

I don't care for head cheese, and I don't care if some cross-dressing salmon is into it, either.

3. Dirty Girl

Dirty Girl TRIBE Member

I dont even know what head cheese is. my perverted imagine is coming up with some really gross things tho.

4. graham

graham Well-Known TRIBEr

it's worse than you think, lady smegma

5. ndrwrld

ndrwrld TRIBE Member

6. <FresHFunK>

<FresHFunK> TRIBE Member

^^ Awesome!

7. slice

slice TRIBE Member

It's Disgusting, that's all you need to know.

Head cheese (AmE) or brawn (BrE) is a cold cut originating in Europe. Another version pickled with vinegar is known as souse. Head cheese is not a cheese but a meat jelly made with flesh from the head of a calf or pig (sometimes a sheep or cow) in aspic. While the parts used can vary, the brain, eyes and ears are often removed. The tongue, and sometimes even the feet and heart may be included. Head cheese may be flavored with onion, black pepper, allspice, bay leaf, salt, and vinegar. It is usually eaten cold or at room temperature as a luncheon meat.

Historically meat jellies were made of the cleaned (all organs removed) head of the animal, which was simmered to produce stock, a peasant food made since the Middle Ages. When cooled, the stock congeals because of the natural gelatin found in the skull. The aspic may need additional gelatin in order to set properly.

8. glych t.anomaly

glych t.anomaly TRIBE Member

i thought this was about smegma residue found on penises, and was sure it was an Onion Story.

i am disappointed and intrigued at the same time.

[jai]

9. Dirty Girl

Dirty Girl TRIBE Member

flesh from the head of a calf or pig (sometimes a sheep or cow) in aspic. While the parts used can vary, the brain, eyes and ears are often removed. The tongue, and sometimes even the feet and heart may be included.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

sometimes Im really glad I wasnt born in the olden days, they used to eat some seriously nasty ass shit. I'll take my processed cancer ridden pizza pops anyday.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

10. Snuffy

Snuffy TRIBE Member

BRAINS....

[​IMG]

BRAINS!! BRAAAAIIINSS!!!

[​IMG]