1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Another oil rig in the gulf bites the dust.

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by JamesM, Sep 2, 2010.

1. JamesM

JamesM TRIBE Member

2. PAUZE

PAUZE TRIBE Promoter

shitballs, again?

3. JCrack

JCrack TRIBE Member

every time I try the link, my explorer crashes, even direct from the CNN website...boo

4. Bass-Invader

Bass-Invader TRIBE Member

says that no 'product' was flowing so it might not have any environmental consequences.

5. Hybrid

Hybrid TRIBE Member

Where's my electric car?

6. Wiseman

Wiseman TRIBE Member

Everytime I open an online news article I say to myslef: "Do not read the comments,Do not read the comments,Do not read the comments,Do not read the comments,Do not read the comments,Do not read the comments,Do not read the comments,Do not read the comments,Do not read the comments,Do not read the comments,Do not read the comments,Do not read the comments,Do not read the comments,Do not read the comments,"

And then do you know what I do? I read the fucking comments.

7. TaCk OnE?

TaCk OnE? TRIBE Member

just saw this on CNN.

is there any indication that there is a lot of oil spilling? a month or so back I saw a piece about the largest spills ever, and there were so many huge ones that nobody really knows about.

I'm starting to think this happens much more often than anybody is aware of.

8. Hi i'm God

Hi i'm God TRIBE Member

Oh man the discovery channel hostage was taken a cpl days too early.

9. Zorro

Zorro TRIBE Member

I love that on the same page I see the Hope for human race thread title as well.

10. alexd

alexd Administrator Staff Member

A company spokesman is saying that there is not a trace of oil visible on the water from this rig - I guess it is hard to see it amongst all the oil in the water from that other rig explosion...

11. JamesM

JamesM TRIBE Member

yep. nothing at all.

NEW ORLEANS, La. — The Coast Guard is saying that a mile-long oil sheen is spreading from the site off an offshore petroleum platform that exploded in the Gulf of Mexico off Louisiana.

The site of the explosion is west of where BP's massive spill occurred.
    The Coast Guard said no one was killed Thursday in the explosion. The blast was spotted by a commercial helicopter flying over the site.
    All 13 people aboard the rig were found floating in the water in survival gear.

12. alexd

Between youtube videos of dancing dogs and monkeys playing the banjo, Rick Sanchez of CNN says oil is not leaking into the water from the oil rig.

13. alexd

14. basilisk

basilisk TRIBE Member