• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Another day, another mass shooting

wickedken

TRIBE Member
People suffer from mental illness in every other country on earth; people play video games in virtually every other country on earth.

The difference is the guns.
The Philippines has a similar right to bear arms and armed guards are visible at most commercial areas. Automatic weapons carried, and there is an active insurgency in the country, including ISIS-linked. Weapons are as common or even more so than in the US.

I can't recall any mass shooting events that mirror what's happened in the US. There is violence (and body counts) but none of the single shooter variety. Apparently it is the US and Finland as outliers...

praktik

TRIBE Member
The Philippines has a similar right to bear arms and armed guards are visible at most commercial areas. Automatic weapons carried, and there is an active insurgency in the country, including ISIS-linked. Weapons are as common or even more so than in the US.

I can't recall any mass shooting events that mirror what's happened in the US. There is violence (and body counts) but none of the single shooter variety. Apparently it is the US and Finland as outliers...
Gun deaths in Philippines much higher than the states, maybe being awash in weapons DOES correlate with higher rates of weapon related death.

All about access - if guns are at hand, people use them:

wickedken

TRIBE Member
Gun deaths in Philippines much higher than the states, maybe being awash in weapons DOES correlate with higher rates of weapon related death.

All about access - if guns are at hand, people use them:

Yes there are a lot of gun deaths. Street crimes are common. Single hater shooter I don't know...

Edit: What phone is that?

Mondieu

TRIBE Member
6 cops down so far. Dozens responding. Now police are trying to negotiate with the shooter/s.

So much for the “good guy with a gun” theory.

wickedken

TRIBE Member
6 cops down so far. Dozens responding. Now police are trying to negotiate with the shooter/s.

So much for the “good guy with a gun” theory.

That theory assumes there are good guys in the immediate vicinity willing to confront a situation.

Mondieu

TRIBE Member
The best was when Fox News flipped away from the police press-conference where they were begging for gun-control, so Judge Janine could spout about how disgusting it was for Democrats to talk about gun control at such an early stage in the situation.

Reprehensible scumbags. The LOT.

Mondieu

TRIBE Member
Imagine being like that triber JamesM, uh, I mean Individual, and having the right to own an AR 15?
I can’t imagine living in whatever bubble Sally or Shitstain inhabit. ...but it certainly doesn’t take an AR-15 to sort that lot out. They’re proud and loud behind a keyboard and screen. ...but neither would have the balls to say ANY of the shit they say online in the real world. ...not without a hell of a dental plan to mend the flying chiclets.

Kids, these days.

Hey, this will all stop tomorrow - Texas has new gun laws that take effect tomorrow that make it even easier to get guns!

P.S. - Betty White

Last edited: