• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Another day, another mass shooting

wickedken

TRIBE Member
Deputy Who Stayed Outside Parkland School as Gunman Rampaged Inside Faces Criminal Charges

Deputy Who Stayed Outside Parkland School as Gunman Rampaged Inside Faces Criminal Charges

A former sheriff’s deputy was arrested Tuesday in connection with the controversial law enforcement response to the 2018 mass shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Fla., law enforcement officials said.

Scot Peterson, a former Broward County Sheriff’s deputy, faces charges of neglect of a child, culpable negligence and perjury as a result of an investigation by the Florida Department of Law Enforcement, the authorities said.

Listening to the U.S. try to have a serious discussion about gun violence and the idea of gun control is depressing - they can't have a serious discussion until they stop trying to make it a constitutional issue and treat it for what it actually is.

Bernnie Federko

TRIBE Member
America has the world's worst gun problem. And now it's being forced to confront its hate problem.
  • The gun problem: In the 20 years since the 1999 Columbine High School massacre, the U.S. has had 88 mass shootings (each with four or more victims), with 736 killed.
  • The hate problem: In the past 18 months, white-extremist active shooters in the U.S. have been responsible for 63 deaths in seven episodes, including attacks on a Texas Walmart, a Florida high school, a Texas high school and a Pennsylvania synagogue, a N.Y. Times graphic shows.
As soon as I heard that the suspect in this weekend's El Paso massacre had apparently ranted online about a "Hispanic invasion," I knew the country faced dark days.
  • And then a nation that has become numb to these killings awoke to news of the second massacre in 13 hours, with nine killed overnight outside a busy bar in downtown Dayton.
  • "I don't care about the politics right now," texted a friend who's in politics at the highest level. "I'm scared that we could look back on this as the beginning of a true catastrophe for America."
Saturday's attack — which killed 20 shoppers, in a Hispanic community within sight of the Mexican border — is being handled as a domestic terrorism case.
  • The 21-year-old suspect told investigators he wanted to shoot as many Mexicans as possible, ABC News reported.
  • "This Anglo man came here to kill Hispanics," El Paso County Sheriff Richard Wiles said.
The front pages of today's New York Times and Washington Post both explore the degree to which President Trump has exacerbated the country's hate problem, and the echoes of his language in the El Paso suspect's manifesto.
  • "Trump has filled his public speeches and Twitter feed with sometimes false, fear-stoking language," The Times' Peter Baker and Mike Shear write. "Because of this, Mr. Trump is ill equipped to provide the kind of unifying, healing force that other presidents projected in times of national tragedy."
  • "[T]he question surrounding the president is no longer whether he will respond as other presidents once did," The Post's Phil Rucker writes, "but whether his words contributed to the carnage."

wickedken

TRIBE Member
Listening to the U.S. try to have a serious discussion about gun violence and the idea of gun control is depressing - they can't have a serious discussion until they stop trying to make it a constitutional issue and treat it for what it actually is.
There's definitely a mental issue here, namely anger problems.

Bernnie Federko

TRIBE Member
False flag tho, globalist hidden agenda.

Definately lay the solution out through talking about health care; because hey, reframing the issue away from the scientific evidence concerning more guns = more mass shootings will mean more of the same sad sorry state of affairs and that's good enough. Yay, state funded mindfulness, right buddy? Just no gun control. Anything but that.

Can't wait to see the GOP fund a mental health care bill, maybe 2019 or 2020 is the year pigs fly?

Last edited:

Bernnie Federko

TRIBE Member
People suffer from mental illness in every other country on earth; people play video games in virtually every other country on earth.

The difference is the guns.

Bernnie Federko

TRIBE Member
Legit question for rural Americans - if I can't have my ar-15, How do I kill the 30-50 feral hogs that run into my yard within 3-5 mins while my small kids play?

People suffer from mental illness in every other country on earth; people play video games in virtually every other country on earth.

The difference is the guns.
By the video games is the cause reasoning, South Korea should be a free for all slaughterhouse, and China should have a leg up on mass shootings and gun violence.

Wonder why that isn't the case?