• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

another Cusick rant

sohaness

TRIBE Member
i dunno...these rants on xpander are making it look like cusick has some insanely large pickle up his ass!

steve.
 

organik

TRIBE Member
If you do run into The Original Loop Dokter in Miami look carefully and see if he has any ringworm on his face. Don't get too close. There is no known cure for stupidity. Not even the esteemed Canadian education can buttress this sort of thing. It falls away helplessly.

Well, before people get the idea that I am somehow anti-Canadian I had better stop. Nothing could be further from the truth. I am only laughing along with myself at some fun old times. Loop Dokter is actually a harmless dork and not a bad looker. The last time I heard from him he was going to school and trying to get a dance label off the ground. I've never heard any of the tracks he's produced but a few people have told me that he has had some good moments. So, good for him. I say that in all sincerity. I don't care for his breed but I heartily applaud his runaway enthusiasm for what he does. Sincerely. I hope he is still running. North.

God, I hope I don't see him in Miami. I may very well be on good acid and not be able to control myself. If you try to hold in uncontrollable giggling your penis will squirt urine. Mine does anyway. You should see it. It's really something.
LMAO!!!
 

coleridge

TRIBE Member
Cusick always calls it exactly the way he sees it. Not worried about offending anyone. I've always been a big fan, because it takes balls to behave like that ... and balls in dance music is rare.

The old days of progress list when Cusick was on were some of the funniest things I've ever read.
 

-Mercury-

TRIBE Member
hehe, i read that earlier tonight and had a good chuckle.

as i usually do with any of Q6's writings..... i think he'd be a funny guy to go on a bender with.

i wonder if loopy is in miami right now??
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

chipotle

Well-Known TRIBEr
*chuckles*


loopdokter has international status now.

Sean C. has a punch to his writting style that is for sure, but he goes on a bit too long sometimes.
 

Rowghani

TRIBE Member
i emailed him once asking him to do an interview. Just some brief questions. I specifically asked him some non music related questions because through his writing, it seemed he was a very socially concious person. He welcomed the questions and said he would get back to me.

Well, 5 days later i get the "answers" emailed to me. The highlight of his answers was when he told me "die asshole, die" haha, i didn't know what was going on. The next day he emailed me and apologized saying he had too much to drink and could not believe the answers he had sent me haha.

He is an educatedperson and will tell it how it is, and doesnt really care who gets hurt in the process. Refreshing, but i think its taken too far some times.
 

H2Whoa

TRIBE Member
The guy is a boring windbag who is smitten with his own superiority. I stopped reading his shit a while ago (but took the 30 seconds to read this contribution).

It's amazing that people think he is 'cerebral'. I guess every scene needs it's resident Rush Limbaugh.
 
tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Metal Morphosis

TRIBE Member
hahaha - nice work Brad and Chas for also gaining international acclaim.

i saw Brad yesterday after a night out with mister cusick.
we stopped at his hotel to give him our extra beer since Simon and I were leaving Miami.

his hotel door was open.
Nosmo from Grayarea was at least under the covers in his bed.
Brad on the other hand was curled in the fetal position, fully clothed on top of his bed, bottoms of his feet - black.

poor bard...

i saw loopdoktor briefly.
i was about to point him out to someone but when i turned back he'd left the patio... am i really that intimidating?
 

Crazy Serb

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Rowghani
i emailed him once asking him to do an interview. Just some brief questions. I specifically asked him some non music related questions because through his writing, it seemed he was a very socially concious person. He welcomed the questions and said he would get back to me.

Well, 5 days later i get the "answers" emailed to me. The highlight of his answers was when he told me "die asshole, die" haha, i didn't know what was going on. The next day he emailed me and apologized saying he had too much to drink and could not believe the answers he had sent me haha.
Holy Batman, I remember those... now the answers were the funniest thing I've ever heard in my life! EVER! Will you let me publish them? Please..


I spent several years fighting the mental herpes that was running rampant in my cherished community of fellow producers and dj's. It is an uphill rocky battle with no end in sight. It manifests itself mostly in break-outs of utter gushiness towards the pseudo-famous. You cannot imagine the depravity of it until you have seen it up close. It still amazes me that more people didn't get athlete's lip sucking so much ass-crack all of the time. If you do run into The Original Loop Dokter in Miami look carefully and see if he has any ringworm on his face. Don't get too close. There is no known cure for stupidity. Not even the esteemed Canadian education can buttress this sort of thing. It falls away helplessly.

.....

God, I hope I don't see him in Miami. I may very well be on good acid and not be able to control myself. If you try to hold in uncontrollable giggling your penis will squirt urine. Mine does anyway. You should see it. It's really something.

......

I will try to get back on a more regular writing schedule but it is sometimes hard. I just lay in bed and watch old films with my girlfriend drinking Sapporo beer out of big silver cans. There is practically nothing to say. I'm happy.
God, that is whacked out... it's just hillarious!
 

Richard Raiban

TRIBE Member
the reason why everyone likes these articles is cuz they are the truth & they are whacky!

the same old boring articles puts me to sleep and the same applies with artist interviews...

sean cusick is the howard stern of dance music!!!
 

MachoMan

TRIBE Member
He was funny at first - and quite intelligent too. But over the last year he has just become a parody of himself.
 
tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

SJN

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Metal Morphosis
hahaha - nice work Brad and Chas for also gaining international acclaim.

i saw Brad yesterday after a night out with mister cusick.
we stopped at his hotel to give him our extra beer since Simon and I were leaving Miami.

his hotel door was open.
Nosmo from Grayarea was at least under the covers in his bed.
Brad on the other hand was curled in the fetal position, fully clothed on top of his bed, bottoms of his feet - black.

poor bard...
poor bard indeed....what a sight that was......despite the pokeing and prodding there was no waking the poor boy......why didnt i take some pictures dammit :D
 

loopdokter

TRIBE Promoter
I've been away for the past week in Miami and just got back. Meh. Whatever.

Free press if you ask me.

I find it all rather amusing because this is all dating from 5 years ago and thought it had died. I'm not terribly worried about it. I was too busy having fun and listening to some great music down in Miami to really care about this shit. People kept coming up to me asking me if I'd seen what he'd written. I even heard he was looking for me. That would have proved interesting since I for the most part was sober the entire time and Sean, well, Sean from what I've heard was not.

I'm too busy with producing some of the best music I've ever made in my life to get caught up in this drama. I'm letting it lie.

Cheers,
JK
 

rentboy

TRIBE Member
Re: Re: another Cusick rant

Originally posted by loopdokter
The answer is no. I haven't in 5 years. Why bother?

Cheers,
JK
i'd be flattered that he's been thinking about u for that length of time.
 

Kalemic

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by MachoMan
He was funny at first - and quite intelligent too. But over the last year he has just become a parody of himself.
I'm rather inclined to agree with this. He still has his funny moments but lately they've been as funny and insightful as sitting beside some retard at the guv who's all drilled on blow and can't stop talking cause they love the sound of their voice so much. Or on the other hand, its about as much fun as hearing myself talk, or reading something I've written. :eek:
 
Last edited:
tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

loopdokter

TRIBE Promoter
Re: Re: Re: another Cusick rant

Originally posted by rentboy
i'd be flattered that he's been thinking about u for that length of time.
Flattery is when someone walks up to me in Miami and tells me how they've been following my music since I had it up on mp3.com (that dates back MANY years ago!) and how they were a huge fan. That's flattering. I've never had that happen and probably never will for some time (unless I get some stuff released this year).

Sean waxing philosophic about someone he met in 1999 at the WMC whilst tripping on acid and popping tempazepam is not. :p

I find this whole thing all rather amusing to be quite frank. Some of the people on this board saw some of the original correspondance but most people did not. What goes missed is the emails that were exchanged directly to each other in private. Those ones are, dare I say, actually somewhat interesting. The rest of it is just two people writing crap who really like the sound of their own voice.

Some things are left dead and buried. This is dead and buried to me.

Cheers,
JK
 

slingshot

TRIBE Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: another Cusick rant

Originally posted by loopdokter
Flattery is when someone walks up to me in Miami and tells me how they've been following my music since I had it up on mp3.com (that dates back MANY years ago!) and how they were a huge fan. That's flattering. I've never had that happen and probably never will for some time (unless I get some stuff released this year).

Sean waxing philosophic about someone he met in 1999 at the WMC whilst tripping on acid and popping tempazepam is not. :p

I find this whole thing all rather amusing to be quite frank. Some of the people on this board saw some of the original correspondance but most people did not. What goes missed is the emails that were exchanged directly to each other in private. Those ones are, dare I say, actually somewhat interesting. The rest of it is just two people writing crap who really like the sound of their own voice.

Some things are left dead and buried. This is dead and buried to me.

Cheers,
JK
I have a hard time believing that Sean Cusick would initiate a diatribe about a pestilence of five years past without being engaged within recent momory. To flatter yourself to think that this guy were to SUDDENLY re-hash the torturous exchange of wit and retort with Jay Kaufmann as a topic of relavance is perposterous. I would wager that recent contact with Cusick inspired this writing. Why would he suddenly decide that you were a topic worth discussing, on a prominent web-site, before a prominent event? I hate to sound harsh - but I think your cover-up is pretty weak. Embarassed? Yes. But at least be happy in the fact that it was exposure. But hey - so was Janet Jackson's tit.

Suck it up.

ss
 

loopdokter

TRIBE Promoter
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: another Cusick rant

Originally posted by slingshot
I hate to sound harsh - but I think your cover-up is pretty weak.

ss
Bwahahaha. Simon, if you only knew the truth.

People on this board crack me up. I'm being quite honest in saying that I haven't spoken to the guy in years. Did you not read the article? He even says so.

Whatever dude. Free publicity for an internet handle. [shrug]

Cheers,
Jay
 
Top