• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Annoyingly slow/directionless waklers

TrIbAlNuT

TRIBE Member
I walk a lot, I try to ovoid taking the TTC at all times if its feasible. I guess you could say Im a fast walker but I find most younger people are. What really gets on my nerve is people that STOP SUDDENLY because they are in the middle of a dramatic cell phone call or they see something shinny. People that that walk slowly and keep weaving from one side of the side walk to the other making it impossible to pass them. I guess what really makes me mad is that they are in there own little world, not caring or noticing that there are other's on the street.

I know some people can't walk at a normal pace because of their age or physical limitations, but I find the most of the people Im referring to are quite capable of it.

Does anyone else have this pet-peeve, or should I up the dosage of my psych meds?

Kristof

glych t.anomaly

TRIBE Member
its a lack of awareness of whats going on around them, its annoying as shit, and i cant stand people like that.

they dont even consider, or it doesnt even register, that they are inconveniencing others, with there random and deviant walking habits.

grrrrr to them

[jai]

dr. claw

try wakling on the other side of the street when you see one approaching, and/or avoid areas with shinny things

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

kaniz

TRIBE Member
Its not so much the slowness that gets me. Its the slowness + drifting and/or walking in the middle making it hard to walk past them.

If they are walking slow, but stuck to the right side making it easy to pass them on the left - not a prob. But, that drifting sort of walking in the center and going from side to side just to make it annoying enough to not pass them, gah!

AdRiaN

TRIBE Member
The problem is that many pedestrians feel as though basic "rules of the road" do not apply on the sidewalk -- slower traffic to the right, pass on the left, keep in your lane, be aware of your surroundings when making sudden movements, et cetera. I swear I have walked behind people who need a rearview mirror on their shoulders.

I have also noticed on many occasions downtown that pedestrians will not yield to emergency vehicles. Again, just because you're not in a car does not mean you can waltz through an intersection when sirens are blazin'.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Ditto Much

TRIBE Member
I have two co-workers who can't walk at more than a snails pace. they fucking drive me insane, or more insane as the case may be.

Fillmore

TRIBE Member
I am so happy to hear I am not the only one bothered by this.

Sometimes walking through the subway system can seriously ruin my day. Dumb people with no idea what direction they are suppose to be walking in. I have no patience for these people. If this makes me an asshole so be it.

alcid

TRIBE Member
Ditto Much said:
I have two co-workers who can't walk at more than a snails pace. they fucking drive me insane, or more insane as the case may be.
I used to work with a guy like this as well. we'd go for lunch but couldn't go further than what should have been a 5 minute walk because it would take us at least 10 minutes to get there. so we were pretty much stuck with the same 2 pubs to choose from.

oblivious people piss me off too.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Balzz

TRIBE Member
I bet those walkers drive the same way. :mad:

Does anyone else shoulder check before changing directions walking? :eek:

Sinister Shadow

TRIBE Member
Ah the oblivious person.

The person standing in the middle of the escalator.
The person with his "hazards" on parked on young street at 5pm while he dodges into the video store.
The person talking on their cell and waving their hands around and walking randomly.

There are 3+ million people in this city. WAKE UP!!!
It's so easy to be considerate/aware.

Stand left, walk right.
Turn down a side street to park.
Step to the side when having an important conversation.

Use them noodles folks.

Ditto Much

TRIBE Member
Balzz said:
I bet those walkers drive the same way. :mad:

Does anyone else shoulder check before changing directions walking? :eek:
with every 100th drivers license given out the driver should be handed a gun. It should be there duty to thin out the herd of bad drivers and slow people. Yes we may lose a few thousand people but we'll be better off in the end.

Same if you want to stop smoking make every 10,000th cigarette lethal. I might try my chances for a week or so but not for fucking long.

JESuX

TRIBE Member
TrIbAlNuT said:
I walk a lot, I try to ovoid taking the TTC at all times if its feasible. I guess you could say Im a fast walker but I find most younger people are. What really gets on my nerve is people that STOP SUDDENLY because they are in the middle of a dramatic cell phone call or they see something shinny. People that that walk slowly and keep weaving from one side of the side walk to the other making it impossible to pass them. I guess what really makes me mad is that they are in there own little world, not caring or noticing that there are other's on the street.

I know some people can't walk at a normal pace because of their age or physical limitations, but I find the most of the people Im referring to are quite capable of it.

Does anyone else have this pet-peeve, or should I up the dosage of my psych meds?

Kristof
<3.

i am the fastest walker that ever did walk. usually, one of the first comments that people make about me! i once had a dude tell me that he was going to "marry a girl with weak ankles so he wouldn't have to keep up with a break-neck pace" like i had set.

if you're walking, you're walking to get somewhere - FAST. at least, that's my take on it... and, i'm almost always late. (heh.) so it's been ingrained in me that i have to haul ass pretty much anywhere i'm going.

big up the fast/efficient walkers!