• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

annoying sushi eaters...

lush191

TRIBE Member
i love sushi.
but am i the only one that is annoyed when people order these 'fusion' styles--like chicken sushi???(WTF???)---
my rant for the day....

SENSEi

TRIBE Promoter
Chicken sounds lame.
They do that at Mandarin.
Chicken Terryaki sushi
:rolleyes:

I'm assuming it's not raw because that would just be wrong.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

lush191

TRIBE Member
to me it just seems like an insult to that culture.....
i picked up sushi today and this woman ordered 'teriyaki chicken sushi'-when she got it at her table she requested a fork, then proceeded to mash it up(in order to seperate the chicken from the rice)--then ate it.....the whole time i couldn't help but think...'if you were in Japan right now someone would slap you!'

JOSHB

TRIBE Member
WTF place has chicken sushi? You mean a rice with a piece of chicken on top? Is this made up?

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
You sushi-litists. Let 'em eat what they want.

Maybe they'll never know the joy of a perfectly marbled piece of salmon or tuna sashimi, but hey, more for us, right?

Klubmasta Will

TRIBE Member
why does it bug you?

what if some round-eye puts soya sauce on his rice and mixes wasabi into his dipping sauce, does that bug you too?

ps. i am making a dinner reservation for kaji's omikase tasting menu. the last time i did this was one of the best meals of my life, so yay for me! :)

PRIMAL

TRIBE Member
lush191 said:
to me it just seems like an insult to that culture.....
An insult to the culture???? Do you think that Asian-Fusion meals are an insult to the Chinese/Thai and whatnot?

Food has no boundries so chill the fuck out. You don't like it then don't eat it dumbass.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

PRIMAL

TRIBE Member
lush191 said:
i don't eat it...i order the real thing
WOW!

Maybe you should pay for some time on public access television so you can tell your brave story to the world.

ila

TRIBE Member
PRIMAL said:
WOW!

Maybe you should pay for some time on public access television so you can tell your brave story to the world.
hahaha.

omg

I'm like your cheering section up in this bitch. you're making my 3pm internet break rule.

SpaceBabe

TRIBE Member
Klubmasta Will said:
why does it bug you?

what if some round-eye puts soya sauce on his rice and mixes wasabi into his dipping sauce, does that bug you too?

ps. i am making a dinner reservation for kaji's omikase tasting menu. the last time i did this was one of the best meals of my life, so yay for me! :)
What is this tasting thing you speak of?

MoFo

TRIBE Member
lush191 said:
i love sushi.
but am i the only one that is annoyed when people order these 'fusion' styles--like chicken sushi???(WTF???)---
my rant for the day....
Or when people mix the wasabi into the soy sauce? *groan*

Boss Hog

TRIBE Member
I can't stand going to sushi restaurants where you have to wait and then you get sat down within the breathing range of some young artsy couple that you want to throw chopsticks at, who are talking loudly about the cinemateque or some new fucking clothing store while playing with their fish.

Snapper

TRIBE Member
Klubmasta Will said:
Oh man, I hear he's featuring some Kobe Beef in the current omakase.

I went there around 2 mths ago. Got their $120 omakase and they had the best tasting sashimi I've ever eaten.

I_bRAD

TRIBE Member
lush191 said:
i don't eat it...i order the real thing
I was just reading the Japanese version of tribe and they were all going off about the Gaijin ordering "the real thing" and thinking they're all hardcore with a capital R

Last edited:
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders