• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

annoying ads that make no sense

kyfe

TRIBE Member
the most annoying thing on earth for me right now is that Spence Diamonds ad on CFNY. Why do I need Richard Simmons telling me to buy a ring for my girl? what does he know about hetro relations? A punch in the junk for you!

I often marvel at some of the ads that actually make it on the TV which are ever worse, someones getting paid to much to destroy brand names.

so what ads annoy you?
 
Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

patri©k

TRIBE Member
probably the ad for the magic gluestick that you rub on your forehead when you have migraines.

...that and those shampoo commercials where the people look toooo fucking happy whilst lathering.
 

Boss Hog

TRIBE Member
The Tim Horton's steeped tea ones used to drive me. The mother wandering around "oooh, looking steeped!" How fucking stupid. As if you don't know that steeped meant tea and not some teen slang for "cool".

And their steeped tea sucks ass anyway. Weak!
 

Gravid

TRIBE Member
1. The Roger's ad with all the kids doing flips and climbing buildings only to be told on their phone they are in the wrong spot? Am I that out of touch with todays youth that this is something they would go and get a Rogers phone for?

2. The Comedy Network show promos for You Bet Your ASS and Puppets Who Kill. I have never watched either (or known anyone who has) but they have a promo every commercial break and they have been the same for months. Is there only one episode? It doesn't matter how many times you run it, if it isn't funny, it isn't funny.
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Boss Hog

TRIBE Member
haha. Is it me or does Puppets Who Kill look REALLY un-funny? Worse than Corner Gas un-funny (their ads drive me up the wall too)
 

Muffin

TRIBE Member
toyo tires commercial that looks like the most low-budget production in the world and begins by talking about the invention of imax...WTF??
 

Krzysiu

TRIBE Member
Gravid said:
1. The Roger's ad with all the kids doing flips and climbing buildings only to be told on their phone they are in the wrong spot? Am I that out of touch with todays youth that this is something they would go and get a Rogers phone for?

its just another company trying to cash in on the "coolness" of that urban obsticle course trend, shoe companies and others have done it too. they're trying to associate with that new "sport" where people tear around cities in unusual routes... I give it a big old "meh" and hit the sidewalks.
 

Funzo

TRIBE Member
That Canadiantire radio commercial where the girl starts talking and the dude just keeps saying "LALALALALALAAL" God damnit I hate it soo much
 

Gravid

TRIBE Member
Krzysiu said:
its just another company trying to cash in on the "coolness" of that urban obsticle course trend, shoe companies and others have done it too. they're trying to associate with that new "sport" where people tear around cities in unusual routes... I give it a big old "meh" and hit the sidewalks.

Shoes I understand, but a cell phone?
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Krzysiu

TRIBE Member
well, when you're jumping off parking structures, you gots to be in contact with your crew, and drinking a pepsi, while in new reebok trainers!
 

Gravid

TRIBE Member
Krzysiu said:
well, when you're jumping off parking structures, you gots to be in contact with your crew, and drinking a pepsi, while in new reebok trainers!

PEPSI !!! that new one with Jimmy Fallon and that other chick dancing up the street really sucks.
I saw it a bunch of times before I even recognized the actors. Was it really necessary to get "names" for that ad or am I missing the connection?

man, am I bitter this morning:mad:

*goes to get more coffee and think about weekend*:)
 

Krzysiu

TRIBE Member
I sorta think that new pepsi one is cute... the one that gets me is the crowd of people in black shirts who are shot from about and coordinate a "pour" from a bottle shape into a glass shape and the crowds just stand there and clap. its lame.

plus they need to have three or four single people runing up and down at the top of the glass to simulate fizzing, hahahahaha.
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

PRIMAL

TRIBE Member
Gravid said:
PEPSI !!! that new one with Jimmy Fallon and that other chick dancing up the street really sucks.
I saw it a bunch of times before I even recognized the actors. Was it really necessary to get "names" for that ad or am I missing the connection?

man, am I bitter this morning:mad:

*goes to get more coffee and think about weekend*:)

I like this commercial. Maybe because I love Parker Posey and I like Jimmy Fallon.

I hate ALL Old Navy commercials.
 

Hi i'm God

TRIBE Member
The PC ad where guys put supposedly 'free' turkeys in their carts 'before' they've hit the register with the rest of your 150$ worth of crap.
 

rubytuesday

TRIBE Member
I didn't get the one for a british clothing line where all of the women in england were in towels for a long time.
I would like to see lifelike colours used in diaper and feminine product commercials. Also if they could stop giving babies grown-up voices that would be great.
 

acheron

TRIBE Member
PRIMAL said:
I like this commercial. Maybe because I love Parker Posey and I like Jimmy Fallon.

I hate ALL Old Navy commercials.

So it IS Parker in that Pepsi ad? I think I just lost a bet. Shit.

And the most recent Old Navy ad with them dancing on the rooftop doing what looks like fusion barn dancing-50's sock hop moves... a little whacky. I liked the game show ripoffs better.
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

MissBlu

TRIBE Member
PRIMAL said:
I like this commercial. Maybe because I love Parker Posey and I like Jimmy Fallon.

Ditto...

rubytuesday it totally creeps me out when babies have adult voices and vice versa
 

kyfe

TRIBE Member
KillaLadY said:
Haaaands in your pocket haaaaaaaaaaaaands in your pocket, hands in your pocket...

tha'ts actually a smart commercial that I think we call can relate to but still not as good a kick in the groin, by rick mercer
 

Brandon

TRIBE Member
kyfe said:
tha'ts actually a smart commercial that I think we call can relate to but still not as good a kick in the groin, by rick mercer

"knee in the package, knee in the package, knee in the package..."
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders
Top