• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Android users unite!

Primavera

TRIBE Member
Won a Nexus 6 from a content Wind Mobile ran in December.

Love it.

Thought I'd never get used to just how BIG it is, but somehow I've managed to adjust from my Nexus 5.

Super fast, great camera, videos in 4K look amazing, zero lag, pure Android, no carrier/bloatware. Love it.

derek

TRIBE Member
invite system open jan 20

https://oneplus.net/jan20

dudes, this phone rocks. i still rocking the OPO stock CM11, as I wanted to play with it as is for a while. Still may root at some point though, if only to get custom recovery capability.

the screen resolution is spot on, easy to handle, fast. i don't use the audio fx as I use a third party player with 10 band eq. I don't like google music for the simple fact when you plug the end phone jack in it will open google music but will not automatically start play it. have to open the screen lock to press play defeats the purpose. i use rocket player

battery last about 48 hrs with normal use, it does take a while to charge, so I usually start recharging mine at about 30%

Bernnie Federko

TRIBE Member
i'm on the full stock lollipop port to CM12 (as of 2015-01-15), flashed to the note 3's hardware, and my lord this OS has matured. I elected to add in the entire gApps pack through XDA (source name escapes me ATM, sorry), yet whatever you've heard, this is a seriously slick ecosystem.

my only complaint is Chainfire ain't worked out how to crack this mother bitch yet (thus, there are some issues with Advertising rite now)...

lobo

TRIBE Member
battery last about 48 hrs with normal use, it does take a while to charge, so I usually start recharging mine at about 30%
Dude are you sure about the charging and are you using the charger that came with the phone? I can normally go from 20-30% to 80-90% in about 1.5-2 hours. I find it charges the battery very quickly actually.

Lobo

derek

TRIBE Member
^^good call. admittedly, i mainly charge through usb on the home box. it may be the voltage setting to the usb port. i charged it on my work pc the other day and it charged in about 2.5 hrs.

i rarely use the ac adapter

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
Just got the LG G6. Slick sick fucking phone.
4 gig RAM ( actually, 3.7, i believe ), 32 Gig on board storage ( 22 after OS ), and support for up to 2 TB sd card.

Nemo286

My first smartphone was Samsung S3, got it from my brother, who said it's too girly for him. I didn't really care about fashion and style so I took it. It served me well for 2 more years before I changed to Iphone 5s. oh...I missed the old day, with Android it was so easy to save, import, export photos from computer to phone and vice versa. I know Photo on Mac can do this too...but what if I don't even have a Macbook?
Anyway iphone and me is still a happy couple but I just missed my ex wife S3 sometimes...

SneakyPete

TRIBE Member
I just got a message from Play Store saying CamScanner(a document scanning app) contains malware. Does uninstalling the app automatically removes the malware or do I need to remove the malware separately(if my phone is actually affected)? I am not sure if I am actually affected because the malware installs a trojan in the ads, but I also have the paid version so I don't get ads.

edit: I ran the Kaspersky scanner and it didn't detect anything

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
How do I increase the time Android will leave my phone open before requiring a password again. I don't want Google to detect my location even if I am at home to keep my phone live automatically. It seems only have a minute before it locks. How do I extend that?

SneakyPete

TRIBE Member
Check the lock screen settings in the Settings menu. Mine goes up to 30 mins. I would not recommend setting it that long though.

Mondieu

TRIBE Member
Hey all! My iphone got pinched last night and I'm wondering if anyone knows of a way to export my txt messages from iCloud so that I can load them onto the Android I have as a replacement. Any suggestions are much appreciated!

SneakyPete

TRIBE Member
Hey all! My iphone got pinched last night and I'm wondering if anyone knows of a way to export my txt messages from iCloud so that I can load them onto the Android I have as a replacement. Any suggestions are much appreciated!