• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Android users unite!

spaboy

TRIBE Member
Cool... surprised you went with the 16gb though, why not the 64gb for only $50 more?
I contemplated it. I don't need big storage on my phone though. I do store a ton of video from Ubersense but I save that all on a cloud anywho.

I also wanted white :eek:

glych t.anomaly

TRIBE Member
just upgraded my Nexus 4 to the Nexus 5 for $4 MUAHAHAHA

now i can sell my Nexus 4 and my Nexus 5 and use the funds to buy a Xperia Z3

*flex*

derek

TRIBE Member
snap. sold out already, both 16g and 64g, but I got added on some obscure invite list, ironically

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
i've been trying to beat the shit out of my new Z3.
2 days, on a charge.

i dont use it for business. it's for fun ( 4 gig ).
this has serious laptop power. doing stuff when it's doing all it's updates, is still flawless.
it crushes my laptop.
9/10.

Vise

TRIBE Member
Got my Moto X (2014) yesterday and I'm very happy so far... build quality is leagues ahead of my Nexus 5, screen is fantastic, and it is very snappy. The wood backing looks/feels excellent too. Still getting used to the Moto apps but the Moto Display feature is very cool, waving at the phone to silence calls or check notifications will definitely come in handy. Two thumbs up.

On that note, have a used Nexus 5 32gb going up for sale in case anyone is looking?

spaboy

TRIBE Member
Anyone have any interesting flash solutions for 5.0? Or just the usual archived flash player and then mozzila or android browser?

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
Z3

i dont use my phone super heavy...but i'm only fully recharging my phone every 72 hours, and it's yet to drop below 25%.
load times for web pages on my phone destroys my laptop.
In Awe.

Karim

TRIBE Member
Got my first Samsung phone. Is there anyway to permanently remove carrier bloatware rather than just 'disable'ing it?

Vise

TRIBE Member
Got my first Samsung phone. Is there anyway to permanently remove carrier bloatware rather than just 'disable'ing it?
Can't help you really but that is one reason I've stayed away from Samsung devices... I find the stock Android experience is miles better than the skinned versions from Samsung, HTC, etc. I helped my dad migrate from a Samsung GS5 and the Touchwiz skin drove me nuts.

Very happy that my new Moto X is running almost completely stock Lollipop...

Karim

TRIBE Member
Yeah, upon further reading, I'd have to root the phone to get rid of carrier bloatware. Ahh well...

spaboy

TRIBE Member
Slick phone.

Surprisingly, I preferred the nexus 5. Keeping it, gifting the One+. The nexus us just the perfect size IMO

lobo

TRIBE Member
got my new 1+ today. impressed thus far.
Same here. Have had it since early November and love it. It's definitely going to replace my aging Nexus 7 which is pretty much a slide show with Lollipop on it. Definitely good money spent and I'm sure this thing will last me the next 2 or even 3 years.

Lobo