1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Android + Root + Cyanogen MOD RC3 = FTW !!!!

Discussion in 'Technology' started by glych t.anomaly, Aug 20, 2010.

1. glych t.anomaly

glych t.anomaly TRIBE Member

man it was a learning experience, but wholy shit the amount of access you have to your phone, after Rooting and installing the newest version of of the CM, things i can now do with my phone i couldnt before.

- AdFree - removes all ads from free Apps on your phone !
    - AutoStarts - controls what apps can auto start under specific use cases and general operation.
    - Complete access to the internal operations of the phone, including CPU clocking etc
    - there is now a new letter where my 3G used to be, its an ' H ' maybe that means im connecting Via HSPA+ for more superior speeds?
    - and there is still far more to discover.

i may as well make a tutorial on how to unlock the bootloader, root, and then flash a ROM to your phone, for first timers as it was a solid 5 - 6 hours i have spent figuring this out with massive help from some of me best mates who have done so on a Nexus one, and my buddy is currently running the 2.2 Froyo Cyanogen MOD RC3 on his HTC G1 !

And it looks like Google is saying that ALL android phone users in US, are going to 2.1 !

All U.S. Android phones to receive Android 2.1, but some will require a wipe – Android and Me

its good to be a android user :)

2. StarvinMarvin

StarvinMarvin TRIBE Member

you should just start one thread with all things Android instead of 1 everyday

just sayin :p
  3. glych t.anomaly

glych t.anomaly TRIBE Member

Myabe i can get Alex to put them all in one thread, but this is specific to users that want to root their phone and the sweetness that comes from doing so :)

and i hadnt posted a Android thread in days ....

4. xtcfreak

xtcfreak TRIBE Member

Maybe we can have a whole forum dedicated to phones :)