• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Android 5.0 (on Nexus devices)

AdamAnt

TRIBE Member
Just updated my Nexus 4 yesterday and I am having so many god damned problems with this new software update. They merged the default mail program into the GMAIL program which is giving my work email all sorts of problems.

They at least fixed not being able to attach files to emails which they idiotically took out in the last software update.

I feel like I'm dealing with Apple when they force you out of the app you want and are used to and into their GMAIL program.

Anybody else having any issues?

glych t.anomaly

TRIBE Member
i found the combined inbox easy to get used to. all the same functionality, just the UI is new and takes a little bit getting used to for navigation.

personally if you dont like it you could look into a 3rd party APP for your work email.

Im sure an outlook clone is out there somewhere.

lobo

TRIBE Member
I think you can still download the AOSP email client that was used before and configure it for your work email. Check the Playstore.

Lobo

AdamAnt

TRIBE Member
The new GMAIL app isn't sync'ing my email very often either even though auto sync is on.

And I can't see the old app in the Play Store at all.

So frustrating.

Anybody know how to turn conversation groupings off?

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

AdamAnt

TRIBE Member
Disregard my question about conversation view - looks like you can't disable it at all. :rolleyes:

Guess I'm going to try Cloud Magic Email.

glych t.anomaly

TRIBE Member
mine syncs perfectly. i usually hear it ping my device before it pops up in outlook.

maybe try removing the account and readding it, and see if that fixes the issue.

i use conversation view on my outlook at work, but my phone doesnt display the emails in convo view in the inbox.