• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Andrew W.K. Feb. 18/04

Moez

TRIBE Member
When it's time to party we will party hard

Holy hell was that ever an amazing concert. Andrew W.K. has got to be one of the most energetic performers I have ever seen. He completely blew my mind not only with his music but by his positivity. He radiates fucking HAPPINESS when he is on the stage but also even when he is on the radio. I heard him talking on the Edge this afternoon and he was so fucking excited for his show, it was as if he had never performed here before. He rocks my world.

You can never let down

You're doing alright
You're doing ok
Just follow your heart
And don't run away

Never wanna break your heart

He played all the songs I had hoped he would play including "She is Beautiful" (clearly written for me), Party Hard, and 'To-ron-to' (an adaptation of I <3 new york city)

I think everybody should go see Andrew W.K at least once in their lives. He embodies all that every performer should embody: energy, positivity, excitement, and FUN!!! "WE WANT FUN"

We want fun and you better believe it!
We want fun either take it, or leave it!
We want fun, and we're gonna get pasted!
We want to have fun, and we want to get wasted!

thom100

TRIBE Member
I shot the show, and there wasnt great light, so we'll see tomorrow how the photos turn out.(I'll post them)

But from what I saw of the show it was really fucking kewl. It was "epic rock" , I'd only heard one of his songs on the radio and didn't know what the fuss was about....but yah after seeing him live, the next time he comes to town I will not miss it, and I'll drag as many people out to see it as possible.

Booty Bits

TRIBE Member
johane, i had no idea you dug Andrew WK (or that he was performing last night for that matter)!
that guy is fucking cool. no pretense - just straight up happy positivity.
i just get crazy good vibes from him when he does interviews.
i'm glad the show was good too. where was it?

Moez

TRIBE Member
AWWW! Kev I had no idea you would be interested. I apologize for not letting you know about it. He will most deffinitely be back, though. This was his fifth time coming here and he showed no signs of stopping any time soon.

Liz that is exactly how he is, no pretense. It was at the opera house and the place was going CRAZY for him. It was sooooo energizing. Today I feel so pumped.

I will go see him over and over just to have that rush again :)

what a cool guy.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders