• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

And the Texans select...

kerouacdude

TRIBE Member
neither Bush nor Young!

Houston Texans sign defensive end Mario Williams with No. 1 pick in NFL draft, accoring to an AP news alert.

Wow. Do the Saints take Bush?

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

D1Willow

TRIBE Member
I'm Shocked! This will make for a more interesting draft! So many thuoght the first 3 were given but.....

Gravid

TRIBE Member
kerouacdude said:
neither Bush nor Young!

Houston Texans sign defensive end Mario Williams with No. 1 pick in NFL draft, accoring to an AP news alert.

Wow. Do the Saints take Bush?

and that explains why the Texans are consistantly bad every year.
You are going to win more games with a hot RB or QB than a D lineman, not to mention putting more fans in the seats.

The Saints would crazy not to take Bush although I hear he is asking for crazy money.

D1Willow

TRIBE Member
I watched the Matt Lienflake show!
Lots o' fun stoned, but no one has ever been so over rated. Guess that's why he dropped so low.
But the ESPN staff just kept on and on about him, sayng that his low pick makes him more like Montana. Wha?????
Evewry pick got his minute of commentary, then everyone went back to OMG lienflake hasn't gone yet! The horror! Even the Trailer was a spotlight to him!
I will be surprised if he is NFL successful ( in my books, takes his team to the playoffs more times then not)

Eclipze

TRIBE Member
I think the Texans had an excellent draft day. They have a great player in Mario and the second best value pick in the draft (behind Justice) in Ryans.
Charles Spencer RG / Eric Watson LT

Denver looked pretty damn good picking up Cutler, Javon Walker and Scheiffer.

The Bills and Bears are tied for the worst draft day selections in my books

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Eclipze

TRIBE Member
D1Willow said:
I watched the Matt Lienflake show!
Lots o' fun stoned, but no one has ever been so over rated. Guess that's why he dropped so low.
But the ESPN staff just kept on and on about him, sayng that his low pick makes him more like Montana. Wha?????
Evewry pick got his minute of commentary, then everyone went back to OMG lienflake hasn't gone yet! The horror! Even the Trailer was a spotlight to him!
I will be surprised if he is NFL successful ( in my books, takes his team to the playoffs more times then not)

I think he'll do alot better than people think he will

kerouacdude

TRIBE Member
i've always thought he'd be a serviceable NFL QB but that the likes of Brady Quinn and maybe even the kid from UCLA, who'll come out in a year or two, will be better.
Having said that, he should be over the moon. He's got a role model and Super Bowl winner to learn the ropes (who's often injured), tons of weapons, an offensive guru as coach and a team that's getting a retractable stadium so weather's not going to add on to any arm strength issues.
The fans calling the Buffalo radio station...silly...there's no way a guy like Leinart would fit there, what with those swirling November winds.

Gizmo

TRIBE Member
He's got a 6'8' TE as well, who will kill people in the red zone. I can't believe Leonard Pope slipped that far on concerns over his blocking.

Good draft by Arizona again, at least in terms of going for known names. Gabe Watson if motivated would have been a top 10 pick...but slid all the way to the 4th round for them.