• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!
14K Cannabis seed slider pendants by tribe

And.... She's OK

sk8

TRIBE Member
Hi Fellow Snowboarders!

well after slamming my knee into the ice, riding 2 more runs then being splinted by Rick the comedian ski patroller, driving to Toronto all splinted from my hip to ankle (let me tell you going pee at the country style in barrie was ... an experience!)
arriving at St. Joe's at 1:20am, X-Ray at 4am, the verdict is.....

torn meniscus in my left knee

it's the little cartilidgy part. no ligament damage, no broken bones.

should heal completely with no lasting effects

but right now it's very purple and still big.

no sheep yet, pr0nstar, but i am getting a gourmet omelette made for me as I type....

and Norm - I'm definately changing my answer from "I'm fine" to "not so much"

Funzo

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by sk8

I'm no doctor but once it heals get right on the excercises they give you! My bro did this and dropped the ball on the excercises and it still bugs him from time to time!
Speedy recovery

PRIMAL

TRIBE Member
Good to hear that there's no broken bones.

Getting around in the snow is still going to be shitty with a splint though.

Tribe 14K gold cannabis seed slider pendant and chain

Littlest Hobo

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by sk8

it's the little cartilidgy part. no ligament damage, no broken bones.

should heal completely with no lasting effects
How can the doctor diagnose that without an MRI? I had a crazy double knee accident skiing, went for x-ray. Nothing broken, but they *suspect* MCL/miniscus major sprain/minor tear. You should see a sports doctor.

Ditto on the exercises. Do pressing movements and seated leg curls, and get on the exercise bike.

lucky1

TRIBE Member
:( feel better soon.

Mt. sinai has a really good sports medicine clinic that can help properly diagnose and treat the injury.

new to t.o.

TRIBE Member
Re: Re: And.... She's OK

Originally posted by Littlest Hobo
How can the doctor diagnose that without an MRI? I had a crazy double knee accident skiing, went for x-ray. Nothing broken, but they *suspect* MCL/miniscus major sprain/minor tear. You should see a sports doctor.
I tore my ACL playing soccer and never had an MRI. There are leg manipulations they can do to test the ligament.

sk8

TRIBE Member
Re: Re: And.... She's OK

Originally posted by Littlest Hobo

Ditto on the exercises. Do pressing movements and seated leg curls, and get on the exercise bike.
He didn't think it was a severe one. and i have full movement and rotation of my knee without much pain - so ligament damage is unlikely.

he said if i don't see improvement (while staying OFF it - he stressed OFF) that i get myself back there pronto and see a orthosomething or other doctor.

but he seems to think it's a minor one/deep bruising.

tobywan

TRIBE Member
There's a hospital in Collingwood...and I believe their staff is well experienced in dealing with Skiiers and Snowboarders....just curious. why did you wait to get back to T.O.?

Soundstream

TRIBE Member
Re: Re: Re: And.... She's OK

Originally posted by sk8
he said if i don't see improvement (while staying OFF it - he stressed OFF) that i get myself back there pronto and see a orthosomething or other doctor.
I ono if an orthodontist would be of much help.

Cheers ... Ian :)

sk8

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by MC Bias
There's a hospital in Collingwood...and I believe their staff is well experienced in dealing with Skiiers and Snowboarders....just curious. why did you wait to get back to T.O.?
for a couple of reasons actually:

1. ski patrol said it would be fine to go back to toronto in the splint

2. it was already 10pm and I didn't want to make the other people driving me stay in Collingwood all night as they had to work the next day

3. i knew collingwood hospital would be a LOT busier (my ski patroller went to splint 3-4 other accidents while monitoring me and one guy came down on a stretcher)

4. St. Joes is right across the street from my house so I could just hobble home after.

quantumize

TRIBE Member
i hurt everything yesterday on the twyn rivers

bruises

cuts

windburn

but no complaints here i loved it [but i will grovel if anyone wil kiss it better]

HMHA

TRIBE Member
good to hear you're alright katie!

:)

now that you've got the customary snowboarding injury out of the way - you can move on to pleasant riding experiences...

quantumize

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by dicksherwood69
oh yeah and alexd, please ban alyg from reading this thread or she may never snowboard again.
steve your a big snowboarder

you have got to try twyn rivers

check the thread, it's a crazy urban mission

Soundstream

TRIBE Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: And.... She's OK

Originally posted by dicksherwood69
orthopaedic

think....then.....post
Think....then....laugh.

Despite the fact that I did not at the obvious ;) to my post, it was written in jest.

Cheers ... Ian :)