• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

And it continues... BRUTAL - Dallas shootings via sniper ambush

Stop Bill C-10

kyfe

TRIBE Member
Sadly I think this is just the beginning and not going to be limited to just Dallas but I hope I'm wrong.

Klubmasta Will

TRIBE Member
happened in texas, one of the most pro-gun states.

even the two police-killing-blacks incidents that the crowd was protesting involved victims who were either carrying guns or had a known history of carrying guns, so the conduct of the police officers, while undeniably wrong, could partially be explained by the fact that they were afraid of being shot themselves.

ALL of these incidents, plus almost every other mass shooting in the u.s., caused by guns and military-style assault weapons purchased legally.

not to mention the almost 100 gun deaths per day in the u.s. that get very little media attention.

it really is mind-boggling.

one has to think that eventually the tide will turn and there will be enough political support in the u.s. to stop the NRA. i wonder what the turning point will be.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

I_bRAD

TRIBE Member
I hear the term "assault weapon" used a lot these days. What is an assault weapon? As I understand it, that's a gun capable of automatic fire, and as far as I know most of the guns involved in these incidents were just regular old hunting guns.

praktik

TRIBE Member
happened in texas, one of the most pro-gun states.

even the two police-killing-blacks incidents that the crowd was protesting involved victims who were either carrying guns or had a known history of carrying guns, so the conduct of the police officers, while undeniably wrong, could partially be explained by the fact that they were afraid of being shot themselves.

So tough to tell anything other than what happened right, but i was thinking along these lines with the wife last night - would the father in that car have been shot had he not been armed and related that fact to the officer?

Y'know there's a chance, knowing recent decades and how things go - but i bet statistically speaking this guy lives more often than not through that same interaction had there not been a gun in the car.

How many toddlers have killed again this week??

I_bRAD

TRIBE Member
So tough to tell anything other than what happened right, but i was thinking along these lines with the wife last night - would the father in that car have been shot had he not been armed and related that fact to the officer?

Y'know there's a chance, knowing recent decades and how things go - but i bet statistically speaking this guy lives more often than not through that same interaction had there not been a gun in the car.

How many toddlers have killed again this week??

Would the cops have been shot if they weren't armed? I haven't seen any articles discrediting the cops that got shot yet. You know, like how they were divorced and got a speeding ticket once and stuff. How do we know if they deserved it or not?

praktik

TRIBE Member
Thats a very good point. How many more cops and civilians would be alive today if cops weren't armed with lethal weaponry?

Some talk of disarming police has arisen this week and its not something I would reject out of hand.

praktik

TRIBE Member
Point remains - you buy a gun - statistically this hurts you more than it would ever be used to save your life.

I_bRAD

TRIBE Member
Either way, I don't think banning guns, or disarming the cops is going to solve the actual problem, which is systemic racism, oppression and social injustice. We've got folks that don't fucking care anymore with access to guns. You could restrict them from getting guns but they're still folks that don't fucking care anymore. Maybe with knives or cars or bombs instead. If you solve the root problem, then you have happy people with guns. People like me. I'm privileged and have guns and you know what? 99% of the time they're locked in the safe and when they're not, I'm shooting at targets or food. I don't see myself committing mass murder any time soon. Back me into a corner and tell me I can't work or I can't walk down the street without fear for my life and I'll be singing a different story.

praktik

TRIBE Member
Guns increase the lethality of incidents, won't make violence go away.

Like with suicide - having that gun in the safe means an eventual suicide attempt is significantly more likely to be lethal, without the gun in the safe your method has a lower chance of killing you and you may have a second chance at life.

So with this principle in mind - imagine cops had non-lethal weapons only. Sometimes these kill too, we've seen this on odd reactions to tazers for example - but statistically speaking, encounters with police will be less lethal

And you save more lives.

If mad attackers start stabbing people at schools instead of shooting? We'd all be better off actually. So the "replacement argument" against getting rid of guns, that something else would be sought to comitt violence, is actually the whole point!

Great, pick something else. Cause most of the things you'll pick are gonna be less lethal than a gun, and more people will live.

KickIT

TRIBE Member
Good cops need to call out bad cops. The blue wall is bullshit and purely a mechanism to cover things up. This wall needs to come burning down and more accountability needs to be shown. Weed out the bad cops, you can't hide them any more. Fuck the union that encourages this.

On the flip side, black communities need to work with police. Cooperate with police to get the real criminals off the street and build a safer community. There are good cops too. Stop living in fear and take your community back.

I_bRAD

TRIBE Member
Great, pick something else. Cause most of the things you'll pick are gonna be less lethal than a gun, and more people will live.

Is the point to solve the problem, or carry on with the status quo and minimize the damage?

praktik

TRIBE Member
The point is, clearly, to reduce the lethality of violence and suicide so more people live.

What other point is there?

Klubmasta Will

TRIBE Member
Either way, I don't think banning guns, or disarming the cops is going to solve the actual problem, which is systemic racism, oppression and social injustice. We've got folks that don't fucking care anymore with access to guns. You could restrict them from getting guns but they're still folks that don't fucking care anymore. Maybe with knives or cars or bombs instead. If you solve the root problem, then you have happy people with guns. People like me. I'm privileged and have guns and you know what? 99% of the time they're locked in the safe and when they're not, I'm shooting at targets or food. I don't see myself committing mass murder any time soon. Back me into a corner and tell me I can't work or I can't walk down the street without fear for my life and I'll be singing a different story.

the U.S. may not be able to solve 100% of the problem by banning guns, but there is no question it would be the single act that would have the greatest impact on stopping the senseless deaths.

curing the underlying societal woes like racism/inequality/etc. are also noble goals that should be undertaken at the same time. nobody says you can't walk and chew gum.

i think it's unfair to punish responsible gun-owners like you, but that bit of unfairness is a small price to pay to stop what has become an uncontrollable problem in the U.S. in a perfect society, guys like you could still enjoy target practice at shooting ranges, and folks that live in remote areas could own rifles for defence against critters. regular folk would not be able to buy assault weapons that can fire as fast as one can pull the trigger, though, cuz that's just insane.

there are almost 100 gun-related deaths PER DAY in the u.s. that's like 2 orlando nightclub mass shootings PER DAY, only spread out across the country.

Klubmasta Will

TRIBE Member

yep. when the girlfriend was saying in interviews that her boyfriend told the police officer "i have a concealed gun" and then reached for his ID, the cop shot him. her argument is that the boyfriend said "i have a concealed gun" to warn the officer only, but i expect the officer will argue that the statement ended up scaring the shit out of him, causing him to react unreasonably (fueled likely by his inherit fear of blacks) when the guy reached for something.

I_bRAD

TRIBE Member
the U.S. may not be able to solve 100% of the problem by banning guns, but there is no question it would be the single act that would have the greatest impact on stopping the senseless deaths.

curing the underlying societal woes like racism/inequality/etc. are also noble goals that should be undertaken at the same time. nobody says you can't walk and chew gum.

i think it's unfair to punish responsible gun-owners like you, but that bit of unfairness is a small price to pay to stop what has become an uncontrollable problem in the U.S. in a perfect society, guys like you could still enjoy target practice at shooting ranges, and folks that live in remote areas could own rifles for defence against critters. regular folk would not be able to buy assault weapons that can fire as fast as one can pull the trigger, though, cuz that's just insane.

there are almost 100 gun-related deaths PER DAY in the u.s. that's like 2 orlando nightclub mass shootings PER DAY, only spread out across the country.

A revolver from the 1800s can fire as fast as you can pull the trigger too. That's fear mongering pure and simple. The point isn't how fast you can pull the trigger, it's what you're pointing the gun at.

There is a middle ground. Canada has decent gun laws that prevent loonies from getting guns while not criminalizing those that are responsible with them.

Polymorph

TRIBE Member
Good cops need to call out bad cops. The blue wall is bullshit and purely a mechanism to cover things up. This wall needs to come burning down and more accountability needs to be shown. Weed out the bad cops, you can't hide them any more. Fuck the union that encourages this.

I was thinking the exact same thing yesterday afternoon.

I was also thinking that after the caught-on-tape cop murders of those two black guys, that some shit was going to happen, although I expected the *bad cops* responsible might be targeted.

That being said, true, the "Blue Wall" makes it impossible for civilians to distinguish between *good cops* and *bad cops*.

praktik

TRIBE Member
CQ6h3mMUAAAjaxS.png