• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Analog Pussy???

Trancit

TRIBE Member
It was THE best time I've had at System for a LOOOONG time....Analog Pussy were amazing in person and the back room was pumpin as well....I especially loved Rythm Logic's live PA set....The decor and the people were SO cool...Hats off to Ash & friends for setting up this party:D

Robby

makis

TRIBE Promoter
my two and a half cents (US)

AP put on a pretty good show as expected although they were a little late which subjected us to some "fluff trance" for half an hour or so.... what was up with that?!

The local talent in the main room... hmmm a little uninspired I'ld say, EXCEPT for a brilliant set by Satori. And downstairs I managed to catch Elixer for a bit very lucky I did. That guy always delivers.

All and all a really good night nothing to cut your veins over missing though.

Cheeka

TRIBE Member
I went to this since a good friend was throwing it and it was his pseudo birthday night.
Not AT ALL my thing - but I was pleasantly suprised.
The music was actually pretty decent... and AP was good :)!
There was some pretty torturous trance that was on right before AP which was pretty painful - but that was really my only major complaint.
I was suppose to be hitting Kool Haus after - but ended up staying there all night.

I was suprised at how many people I knew there that I didn't come with. I expected to know hardly anyone.
Wicked hanging with Kevin & Pete (all weekend for that matter... too funny) :D.

I'm still having nightmares about that dude in the black mask though... :eek: scary stuff.

WELL DONE ASH BABY :D:D!!

Last edited:

KittE Kat

TRIBE Member
hmmm well i wasn't too impressed with this party at all. system wasn't really decorated to the hilt as i had expected, there were a few black light styrofoam decoration things hanging about but that was it! it also seemed like the usual goa/psy trance crowd didn't come out for this event perhaps due to the fact that it was the long weekend?? seemed like it was the regular system crowd who came out and then found out it was actually a party going on, but decided to get drunk and stay anyway.

satori's set was pretty good, i must say i danced pretty hard, but then by the time analog came on i was soo tired! they were late too which was kind of annoying because for a while i kept hearing they weren't even going to show up!!

analog pussy quite dissapointed me, it was the first time i had heard them spin live, and i felt kinda let down. it seemed too hard and repetitive, and when the girl was playing the bass you really couldn't hear it at all!

i would say elixir's set was the best i heard all nite, and when i went to go back there to hear more, after listenening to analog pussy suck for an hour, they had closed off the back room! booo-urns!!! :mad:

the only thing that kept me going was hanging with my good friend jen whose birthday we were celebrating i always have an awesome time with that gurl! love ya hun! :D

i met one cool person who i chilled with for a bit during analog's set, we both felt dissapointed by the music and had a hard time finding our groove to the beat. i hate that! especially when all i wanted to do was dance. oh well. thanks for the sympathetic ear darryl and sorry for making you endure that nasty gobstopper turned jelly gum! :rolleyes:

we left at about 4:30 right after analog's set, i'm not even sure why we stayed that long.

but the overall best part of the night was the wine and cheese pre party at jen's place, meeting all her awesome friends and tasting different kinds of cheese and wine! YUM!

from the blue haired girl

Subscribe to Cannabis Goldsmith, wherever you get your podcasts

Littlest Hobo

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Cheeka

Not AT ALL my thing - but I was pleasantly suprised.
The music was actually pretty decent... and AP was good :)!
There was some pretty torturous trance that was on right before AP which was pretty painful - but that was really my only major complaint.

I found it to be opposite. AP sucked big-time, nowhere near the performance they gave in September. That was a magical night; I guess you can't go home again.

The guy before AP was Satori. As usual, he tore it up. Wicked, wicked. I can't think of any local who consistently delivers (besides Dekoze) like him.

The smaller room was bopping pretty good as well.

Variant

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Littlest Hobo

The guy before AP was Satori. As usual, he tore it up. Wicked, wicked. I can't think of any local who consistently delivers (besides Dekoze) like him.

The guy before AP wasn't Satori. There was a 40 minute gap between the end of Satori's set and the beginning of AP. For that period of time we were exposed to some of the cheesiest trance i've heard for a while. No fault on the promoters part i'm sure.. but where the hell did that guy come from? Satori was good but I didn't dig the half set techno half set israeli trance thing.. it just didnt' flow enough.. but good tracks nonetheless.

Had to leave early at this one so my review will end... here!

Cheeka

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Littlest Hobo

I found it to be opposite. AP sucked big-time, nowhere near the performance they gave in September. That was a magical night; I guess you can't go home again.

I have no basis of comparison though... I thought I'd be miserable and I wasn't.
For someone who really doesn't know that scene at all I was totally content.

satori

TRIBE Member
the fluffy guy was dj ground zero... who the hell plays epic cheese trance at a psy party?

Next resistor will be a full on techno psy set, i promise:D

just for you jay:p

Variant

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by satori
the fluffy guy was dj ground zero... who the hell plays epic cheese trance at a psy party?

heh.. do you think you can stick Chicago - Hold me now in there somewhere?

DJ Ground Zero is poo.

Rhythm Logic

TRIBE Member
I had a ton of fun at this party and the energy that the crowd was putting out was incredible - definitely one of the most memorable parties I've been to in a long while.

A few things maybe didn't go as planned, AP showed up late and the mind boggling deco didn't show up at all - no fault of Resistors though, they did an incredible job of putting this party together.

Thanks to everyone who was in the back room for my set...I had an absolute blast playing for you all :)

Subsonic Chronic

TRIBE Member
I kinda had a 'meh' night at AP. I thought that System looked really good, even if the place felt a little empty for a long time.

Maybe it's because of the two rough nights that I already had under my belt, maybe they just weren't as good as I'd imagined them to be, but I didn't find Analogue Pussy's performance to be that incredible. They had great stage presence and it was cool in the performance sense of it, but I wasn't getting down with their music as much as I'd hoped. The dancers with the white on them walking around the venue and dancing looked pretty cool too.

Nonetheless, I still had a good time emptying my wallet at the bar and hanging with Kev and Cheeka for the third night in a row. :D

Pete

cosmiK-Cat

TRIBE Member
cheese & pussy....

Aww-kitt-e, you're so kind!

Yeh-my party WAS more fun than this one-perhaps due to the reasons you mentioned, as well as the fact that System just doesn't seem to be the right place for these kind of parties......

Glad to hear some peeps did enjoy themselves-guess when you have no previous parties to compare to it may have seemed good.

As for the decor-I've STILL got 100 peices of computer styrofoam
that someone was supposed to come get....any takers? (read-free party deco stuff)

Ah well-off to the next one!

-The lady in the fedora, Jen

air-bag

TRIBE Member
I thought It was a pretty cool party.. even though i'm not really into this music.

Some pix:

ap4.jpg

ap2.jpg

ap8.jpg

appeople.jpg

banner1.jpg

bathory1.jpg

dylan2.jpg

elixir1.jpg

plastikwrap2.jpg

rythmlogic.jpg

More pictures here...

makis

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by satori

I love the way you sit on the fence! You get ragged for mixing half techno and half psy and then you say a "full on Techno Psy set" Which is it make up your mind... Or is it tech/psy or psy/tech

I like psytech the best it sounds cool :p

Just play the psychedelic!

HMP

TRIBE Member
i don't normally post party reviews but this time i had to speak out....i guess dark music brings out a dark crowd, but such whining. tsk. tsk.

this was an exceptionally nice party; kudos to ash and his crew for originalty and effort. decorations, free fruit and toys giveaways, and the nice crowd made it for me.

i was there at the ap's first t.o. appearence in september, and didn't think their performance this time around suffered too much in comparison. danced to exhaustion to elixir and satori, too.

i don't like cheesy trance, but the chicago remix made me laugh out loud. humour, people! :rolleyes:

and whoever the heck said it was a regular system crowd needs to check if they were at the right party: I saw some v. intersting charactors and costumes (blue-haired girl in the mini dress, you rock). so there.

SUNKIST

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Subsonic Chronic
I kinda had a 'meh' night at AP. I thought that System looked really good, even if the place felt a little empty for a long time.

Maybe it's because of the two rough nights that I already had under my belt, maybe they just weren't as good as I'd imagined them to be, but I didn't find Analogue Pussy's performance to be that incredible. They had great stage presence and it was cool in the performance sense of it, but I wasn't getting down with their music as much as I'd hoped. The dancers with the white on them walking around the venue and dancing looked pretty cool too.

Nonetheless, I still had a good time emptying my wallet at the bar and hanging with Kev and Cheeka for the third night in a row. :D

Pete
dont forget our plans to take over the tribe party on the weekend :)

i decided i really like this kind of music. and the crowd was a refreshing change. i reckin' i'll be showing up at more of that there events.

graver

TRIBE Member
decided i really like this kind of music. and the crowd was a refreshing change. i reckin' i'll be showing up at more of that there events.

Perhaps you'll stop by our Neuromotor party at the Reverb this Saturday... 10-morning... much of the same with another live act, but at our regular venue.

bathori

TRIBE Member
yay I'm the blue haired girl!! :D

Just so everyone knows the girls in white were models for plastik wrap a local design couple who make some awesome stuff (and cybery mens clothes too!). They sell in 3 stores locally (py labs, odessey and somewhere else, i forget) and their website is

http://www.plastikwrap.com

They also made the dresses Jiga and myself were wearing as well as the shirt Jinno was wearing.

yay.

-bathory

KittE Kat

TRIBE Member
i'm sorry but i saw a lot of the regualar club crowd there, yes there were a few people dressed up in cool outfits, but for the most part the people there seemed highly underdressed for a resistor party. YAY to the people who did dress up, your outifts were awesome!

kat

bathori

TRIBE Member
Part of the experiment of holding a R351570R at system was to see if the regular club crowd could get into it. :)

kodos

TRIBE Member
so did they? are you guys gonna be known for throwing kick ass underground parties or for bringing psytrance to clubs?

cosmiK-Cat

TRIBE Member
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Yes- I duunna like the clubs. Parties better.

Originally posted by bathori
Part of the experiment of holding a R351570R at system was to see if the regular club crowd could get into it. :)

.......and if it aint broke, don't fix it.
(...is it broke ?? I couldn't tell...)

-J
*thought she was doin' a bang up job circulating word of mouth....