• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

An Out of Body Experience

MoFo

TRIBE Member
So I've had a couple now.
The latest one was on Monday night, Thanksgiving.

The anniversary of my grandmother's death was on Monday so instead of a dinner, we have to do all these really Chinese things like go to the cemetary, pray, do the rituals and generally pay our respects as she is supposed to come visit us for the day.

She has a few places that she goes including my house, my dad's and the spiritual plot she bought near Baldwin and Dundas.

Anyway, I was feeling strange all week. Just a general feeling of unease and didn't really think much of it till my father mentioned that we had to do grandma stuff cuz she had died on October 10th. I had been thinking of her all week as well so that was strange to find out it was her death day. So many things reminded me of her and I actually saw her twin on the street and did a double-take.

I thought "ok, this must all mean something."

I go to bed Monday night after a really exhausting day of rituals and family stuff (burning money, incense, candles, saying a few words etc...).

So when I went to bed, I turned on the porch light and the living room lamp as the Chinese believe that when it's such a dark day, you should have your entranceway lit up. The entranceway is a symbol of birth and the passageway between mortal journeys.

And of course, my grandmother was supposed to come back into the house and the respectful thing is to welcome her with lights so she can see.

I went to bed and around 5 AM I completely lost control of myself. Let's just say I didn't sleep well. I tossed and turned but was completely asleep. I opened my eyes for about a second and saw the time, heard some noises and rolled around some more.

I had fallen back asleep again out of sheer exhaustion and I went into a really strange state where I started to be able to be awake and conscious of my dreams at the same time.

I remember starting to feel a bit of a mental anguish and tried to pull myself back asleep. At this point, I could hear strange noises that were loud growls coupled with long human-like vocal drones. Like someone moaning or singing a strange note but holding it till it faded into the hallways of my house. I thought of my grandmother but wasn't sure. I felt a presence here for sure.

I could feel a part of me float out of my body. And my heart started to swell. At this point, I was definitely asleep and fighting to be awake but I couldn't. My eyes felt like they were rolling back every few seconds and a white light hit me that caused a complete pain to my head and torso.

I then felt like I was going into some kind of seizure and I felt my head go back into the pillow so I was almost pushing the top of my head downwards with my neck completely off the bed.

I then felt my body travel above my body so I tried mentally to tell my head to turn so that I could witness what was happening. And I did. I saw myself lying in bed lying really still but I was lifting up above myself.

The white light came again and I desperately wanted the feeling to stop as it was hurting my insides. I felt like I was being burnt to death. My organs felt like they were on fire and my bones felt like they were being melted. I screamed but there was no sound.

It all climaxed into nothing but complete whiteness. And all was still. A silence I have never heard before. And the white faded back to normal. That's when I fully opened my eyes and saw my bedroom things around me form back into objects.

I started to cry and was unable to sleep again. It completely changed how I functioned all day at work. I just couldn't feel.. normal.

It was interesting to say the least.

Anyone else had an out of body experience or a really traumatizing mental/psychological journey?

MoFo

TRIBE Member
What's funny is I've always had these kinds of experiences. And instances of euphoria. And strange dreams. And sometimes I play with my subconscious (lucid dreaming, dying in my dreams and coming back to life, floating out of my body, seeing other worlds etc..).

But never needed any substances to do it.

Am I going crazy?

zee

TRIBE Member
your guest room already creeps the fuck out of me

now i'm definitely not staying over at your place anytime soon

MoFo

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Chubbs
If K can make me feel like that, HOOK IT UP.

Seriously.
Or you could just really try to be in tune with your subconscious.
Don't any of you lucid dream?

Krzysiu

TRIBE Member
I day dream... it interfers with my work ethic... I pretend to fighting alien robots when I should be compiling data.

joey

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Chubbs
Sounds neat, how do I have one?
take a vial of k, make a rail, roll a bill, sniff.

make sure you have nothing to do for a hour or so....

Dialog

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by MoFo
Or you could just really try to be in tune with your subconscious.
Don't any of you lucid dream?
Never seem to be able to do it... a few times, but something seems to happen in my dreams where I become aware of being in a dream state, but am unable to control it. Semi lucid.

But I've flown a couple times. Amazing.

madnezz

TRIBE Member
I met a guy from england who's been having them since he was 4 years old. He's had thousands of them, and he was Autistic as a child... I completely believed him when he talked to me about his life and experiences, and it seems illogical to believe there isnt a possibility that spirit and body are two seperate beings that can come apart!

His name is Rudi and he's going to publish a book at some point all about it...

dvs

TRIBE Promoter
i've been experiencing a wack of deja vu episodes lately if that means anything... not exactly out of body experiences but strange enough.

d

mystique0217

TRIBE Member
hey sunny, thank you for sharing your story with us, and i hope that you are doing well (mentally and emotionally) after this scary experience.

i totally believe in your story. i hear a lot of stories like this from people in Japan. I wonder if this has something to do with asian religion/cultures.

((we do the similar thing on the nite when we believe that the spirits of the ancestors return to the house, btw))...

anyway, i heard someone said that you will die if your spirit can not get back to your body. so i am so glad that you got back into your body!

i have experienced a few occasions where my body freezes up for a while during my sleep, and can not move even I want to, but be conscious of the situation.

When this happens, I usually sort of see a ghost figure (touching my body to get my attention/hear strange voice) etc.

I usually tell them to go away and leave me alone, and my body get loose and so I can move again.

But it usually freaks me out, cause I normally do not see ghost figures.

I experience a lot of dejavus though. My friends think it is because I am always in touch with my spirit. Who knows. I donno. But whenever I experience dejavu, it assures me that everything is heading to the correct path :)

One time I saw a little baby in my dream.
He said that he loved everyone and thanked for all the love he received while he was alive. He told me to tell my cousin to give a safe birth to his little sibling, and he said that he would be looking after all of us from the heaven. He said that he would be always there for us....

I opened my eyes and woke up from my dream and was like: "my god, something must have happened to my cousin's baby".

I went to the living room, a phone rang, and my grandma who picked up the phone told me that my cousin's little baby just passed away from an accident that happened to him recently. :eek:

At that time, I had never met my cousin's boy, nor knew his name etc.

But he decided to came into my dream to tell me the message that he wanted to pass onto my cousin, so I thought that was really special! lol :)

Blue Meanies

TRIBE Member
Lucid Dreaming is the shit. I'd say 90% of my dreams I actually have control over! Which is good cause you'll be dreaming and just think of something and poof you have it! pure awesomeness. However there is another thing called sleep paralisis which is what I think you have described mofo. You may want to look into it cause I've had sleep paralasis and its been almot exactly like that... it's kind of freaky:(

assassaint

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by MoFo

Anyone else had an out of body experience or a really traumatizing mental/psychological journey?
my first (and only) time i dropped acid i was (not in this particular order):

- gladiator
- red snake and a green snake (at the same time)
- sea
- one (dont ask)
- i was the sea some more
- yep, sea all the way

scarred the shit outta me (sea part was cool, kinda wavy).

one time i dreamed that this big ass fly was attacking me so i grabbed that bitch with my right hand and started choking it. when i opened my eyes i was strangling my left arm with my right one.

castaneda had some great techniques for controling yer lucid dreams but i could never do it

dvs

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by dvs
i've been experiencing a wack of deja vu episodes lately if that means anything... not exactly out of body experiences but strange enough.

d