1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

An Open Letter to Dubyah from Michael Moore

Discussion in 'Politics (deprecated)' started by KickIT, Mar 18, 2003.

1. vveerrgg

vveerrgg TRIBE Promoter

Signs you might be an idiot President..

1. you choke on food while eating. particularly pretziles
    2. you have a hard time saying words like "nuclear"
    3. you've reformed from being a coke head and alcolholic
    4. the country you're running didnt 'technically' elect you
    5.your daughters ARE alcolholics
    6. you suround yourself with capitalist who aren't looking out for the countries best interests...

oh i could go on... but i give up... it hasnt been as funny as it has been true...

2. simple10

simple10 TRIBE Member

you have/are:

- The only president ever impeached on grounds of personal malfeasance
    - Most number of convictions and guilty pleas by friends and associates*
    - Most number of cabinet officials to come under criminal investigation
    - Most number of witnesses to flee country or refuse to testify
    - Most number of witnesses to die suddenly
    - First president sued for sexual harassment.
    - First president accused of rape.
    - First first lady to come under criminal investigation
    - Largest criminal plea agreement in an illegal campaign contribution case
    - First president to establish a legal defense fund.
    - Greatest amount of illegal campaign contributions
    - Greatest amount of illegal campaign contributions from abroad

...and people still think you're the greatest presidents in the US.

hahaha
    and people think Bush is horrible.

3. Aphrodite

Aphrodite TRIBE Member

read the whole book.

4. simple10

simple10 TRIBE Member

5. HouseHeadSacha

HouseHeadSacha TRIBE Member

scary how many people think Bush is NOT a joke!
    the whole damn planet is against this war, yet ...

6. Aphrodite

Aphrodite TRIBE Member

the excerpt is from Stupid White Men by Micheal Moore.

7. simple10

simple10 TRIBE Member

what i posted is referring to Clinton, if you were referring to me. if not i'm not sure which post you were referring to. and i definately didn't get my info from MM.

8. zee

zee TRIBE Member

what I don't get (and i'm not specifically targetting your post simple10) is how whenever people criticize Bush, you always have another group of people criticizing Clinton. As if Clinton's mistakes and flaws somehow validates Bush's? :confused:

9. Aphrodite

Aphrodite TRIBE Member

oops! got this letter mixed up with the one in the book.

as always, mike tells it like it is! gotta love his humor

10. simple10

simple10 TRIBE Member

no no no. i just find it funny that people villify Bush when he's really no worse (and in some cases not as bad) as some of the other leaders we've had. i think they've all been inadequate. i just find the Bush-bashing (*snicker*) is often biased.

*edit* and the same actors/actresses that go public with hating Bush will invite Clinton to parties. it's just pretty fucked up.

11. zee

zee TRIBE Member

yeah, Democrat or Republican, all American leaders are pretty fucked up ;)

12. This "Michael Moore" had best keep silence against my cabinet, or Planet Houston will see my wrath.

[​IMG]

13. stir-fry

stir-fry TRIBE Member

meh, i heard that some of the evidence and scenes in Bowling for Columbine weren't as factual as he made us believe. Doesn't that discount his flick as a documentary?

14. swilly

swilly TRIBE Member

easy imperialist dont you have some natives you should be killing i hear they left some on some reserves out of the reach of bubbas shot gun and joe bubbas pick up truck uh huck!!
    swilly

15. Reflex

Reflex TRIBE Member

In my opinion Bill Clinton was a much better president than George Bush.

Yes, Clinton made mistakes in his personal life, and of course he made some in office too. Bush however, is making monumental mistakes and handling this entire situation very badly.

I miss Bill Clinton. Bush's attempts at "diplomacy" were just pathetic.

16. swilly

swilly TRIBE Member

I personally think if bush spent more time sexually harrasing his interns like clinton did then he wouldnt even have time to wage wars. hell maybe if he just spent more time just pleasing miss bush or someone elses bush then there would no wars.
    Hell i think we should all start trying to please other peoples bushes it would end all wars i am going to start it off
    WHo is with me??????????
    swilly

17. silver1

silver1 TRIBE Member

Better as in dropping more bombs on Iraq then Bush Sr. did in Gulf War 1 to try and take attention away from his "cigar" incident?

Or by dropping more bombs then any peace time president before him (in Somalia, Iraq, The Sudan and Afghanistan)?

Don't get me wrong. I think Bush Jr's an idiot. But Clinton isn't far behind.

18. simple10

simple10 TRIBE Member

i agree with silver1.

the Clinton administration was the main reason the UN left Rwanda resulting in over 800,000 deaths.

info on Rwanda

Last edited: Mar 18, 2003
  19. silver1

silver1 TRIBE Member

People were easy to give Willy a break on his wrong doings because hey, who had time to care about his shortcomings when they were busy driving their new SUVs to the beach house because the economy was booming bigtime.

Times are a little tougher now. Some of Mom and Dads retirement funds are worthless. People are losing jobs left, right and center. Things aren't so peachy. It's a lot easier to look at the president with a VERY fine tooth comb.

"Jerry. When the people are out of work you know who the first person they come after is?........ El Presidenté".
    - Kraemer

The likes of Michael Moore and Bill Maher like to "stick it to the man".......... when "the man" goes against their political view. But when Billy was droppin' bombs on Iraq, the only stuff that I remember coming out of Bill Maher had "Lewinsky" in the sentence.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2003
  20. Lurker

Lurker TRIBE Member

But shouldn't this be more of a reason for the masses to encourage their "elected" officials to focus more on the situation at home instead of mortgaging the nation to topple a foreign government?

I don't think people realize how much this is going to cost the US even after the actual war. I really hope the UN tells the US to fuck right off when the US goes hat in hand to the UN for money to help rebuild Iraq.

Paul

21. Boss Hog

Boss Hog TRIBE Member

Holy crap Simple I'm beginning to think you have a secret wide-on for Clinton. :p

22. Boss Hog

Boss Hog TRIBE Member

Dude, that is fucking awesome.

I WIN!

I always win.

23. zee

zee TRIBE Member

I don't know if Bill Maher said anything critical of Clinton during the Gulf War (I'm not even sure if he had a talk show back then) but what about the comments he made after Sept 11 that eventually got him fired?
    He said something to the effect of "We've been the cowards, attacking a country by launching cruise missiles from thousands of miles away"
    Though he doesn't mention it specifically, it sounds like they were aimed at what Clinton did during the Gulf war

24. simple10

simple10 TRIBE Member

no, i pretty much hate all politicians equally.

;)

25. silver1

silver1 TRIBE Member

Oh for sure. I don't support this war. I just don't think villifiying Bush while praising Clinton is a good argument.