1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

An Open Letter to Dubyah from Michael Moore

Discussion in 'Politics (deprecated)' started by KickIT, Mar 18, 2003.

1. KickIT

KickIT TRIBE Member

*c*

2. kuba

kuba TRIBE Member

everyone:

Cross your fingers, so that moore wins, and LAYS IT OUT for bush during his speech at the oscraps.

Im praying.

3. Jennika

Jennika TRIBE Member

agreed

4. Vote Quimby

Vote Quimby TRIBE Member

So I wonder how many people will do a little backtracking when Saddam uses chemical weapons on US soldiers, proving that he's been lying all this time.

5. sohaness

sohaness TRIBE Member

holy shit...i was just reading that like 5 mins ago and was gonna start a thread on it...

steve.

6. kyfe

kyfe TRIBE Member

agreed

Kyfe

7. ila

ila TRIBE Member

I like these parts. Moore really sticks it to him, but I don't think Bush will ever read this.

8. kyfe

kyfe TRIBE Member

what has he been lying about? chemical warfare does not involve W.O.M.D.

we already know he has chemicals.....

no back tracking needed,

Kyfe

9. Stormshadow

Stormshadow TRIBE Member

Like that'll ever happen.

Moore: "Wow, this great. Thanks to the Academy, but most importantly thanks to George W. Bus...*cue music*

*cut to commercial*

10. Not likely as the Oscars are taking a "no anti war" stance and statements with acceptance speeches.

11. The Watcher

The Watcher TRIBE Member

I've got so much respect for Michael Moore. After this letter, he just doubled my respect for him.

12. kerouacdude

kerouacdude TRIBE Member

he's favoured to win, the Academy's exceedingly liberal, and they've never stopped actors from pontificating on issues before. Why would they start this time?

13. mingster

mingster TRIBE Member

Moore for President!

14. Because they're following suit with the Grammys and they've been increasingly annoyed with the political diatribe that has been going on in previous years. I say, if someone won, they should be able to say whatever they want over the allotted two and a half minutes.

15. junglisthead

junglisthead TRIBE Member

what happens if the us government uses chemical weapons on their own people and then turns arond and lays blame on iraq ?

just like they did with anthrax a year ago......

16. simple10

simple10 TRIBE Member

wow, that's pretty much what i've been saying about Americans in general for the past three months or so. that was refreshing.

17. simple10

simple10 TRIBE Member

the US gov't didn't use anthrax, it was some radical tool who was an American and saw opportunity written all over it.

18. junglisthead

junglisthead TRIBE Member

yeah thats it.........

when the main evidence links it straight to the us military

in that the grade of anthrax used in those attacks, is only produced by the us military

19. Stormshadow

Stormshadow TRIBE Member

Actually, they're now being given only 45 seconds.
    And the director says he wants them to thank only 5 people...if they start going on any kind of rant...*cut*.

http://www.washtimes.com/national/20030313-73433316.htm

20. simple10

simple10 TRIBE Member

i take the Pope's word with a grain of salt personally. when he recinds his wealth to help the poor i'll start listening.

21. JuJuHound

JuJuHound TRIBE Member

Moore for PRESIDENT!!!!!!!!!!

22. simple10

simple10 TRIBE Member

if you knew anything of the US militia groups forming here, you would know that quite a few of them are ex-US military and many US military scientists have left to join the private sector.

so, yeah. that's it.

23. kerouacdude

kerouacdude TRIBE Member

Gil Cates has been producing the Oscars for years - if anyone's been to blame for the self-aggrandizing, interminable acceptance speech pap from the likes of Julia and Halle, it's him.
    If the winner says something within the first 10 to 15 seconds after getting up there, they're going to cut them off? Please...

24. kuba

kuba TRIBE Member

yeah, screw what the pope says.

25. Stormshadow

Stormshadow TRIBE Member

I don't know, I think he's been getting a lot of pressure this year to tone down the long speeches and politics.
    Just what I've read, but who knows what'll happen.