1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

An MP3 burning question...

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by MoFo, Aug 26, 2003.

1. MoFo

MoFo TRIBE Member

Okay, so I'm a little computer illiterate.

I just bought a MP3/CD player. My coworker says I can fit way for songs with the MP3 format for than a WAV file. Makes sense since I have to convert my MP3's to WAVs.

Anyway, I have Mitsui's that are 700 MB. And I am making a compilation to celebrate my new player but it still only holds about 15 - 17 songs.. or 80 minutes.

I heard I'm supposed to be able to put 200 songs on a CD if I use the MP3 format.

Oh, and I use Nero.

Am I doing something wrong?

2. OTIS

OTIS TRIBE Member

Burn it as data, but keep in mind the only players that will be able to read them are mp3 CD players.

3. MoFo

MoFo TRIBE Member

Oh, you mean NOT an audio cd? Okay, I'm going to try that, THANK YOU.

And yeah, I scored a wicked deal on one of the new baby blue slims since I lost mine yesterday.

Yay Indian/Asian bargaining styles! I got the expensive one for the same price as the ghetto one at Future shop WITH flat batteries, a remote control and he threw in a battery adapter thingy if I paid in cash!! SCORE.

4. OTIS

OTIS TRIBE Member

Yea, when you burn as audio it attempts to convert anything you throw at it into standard redbook audio. When you burn your data make sure it's at a fairly low speed, no more than 8x or else you may have read problems on your MP3 discman.

5. MoFo

MoFo TRIBE Member

Ok, now how do I get it so it doesn't make them alphabetical when I am compiling it?

6. OTIS

OTIS TRIBE Member

It probably depends on how your player reads the disc, but I'm pretty sure you can put them in folders to organize them.

7. Big Cheese

Big Cheese TRIBE Member

yeah i find they are different for the most part IMO

just fuck around with getting them onto the player, listings n' changing orders, etc... Eventually you'll figure out how yours ticks n' tocks n' what not then your in there lke swim wear with the beats you want in the order you want 'em

hope it works out 'fer ya

'G